Roasted Chick Peas/Garbanzos?

Options
aawh
aawh Posts: 96 Member
I saw a recipe a while back on here for roasted chick peas, but can't find it. Does anyone have one? I bought a can to try it out.

Also, how do you store them? If they go in the fridge, do they stay crunchy?

Thanks!

Replies

• mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    I just drain, rinse and pat dry a can of beans
    toss with olive oil, cumin,cayenne,paprika and garlic powder

then bake on cookie sheet at 400 for 40-50 min... they are crunchy , but they dont stay crunchy for too long..

sometimes i will only make a small serving and cook it in the toaster oven, and then eat em all up!
  • kaitlinleigh89
    Options
    hi, I posted that recipe (:
    drain & rinse the chickpeas, coat in cooking spray, bake @ 350 for 40 minutes (stir every 10 min to keep from burning)
    then take em out, toss with garlic & herb seasoning (or whatever seasonin you want)

I stored them in ziplock baggies in the cabinet. I don't refrigerate them. They stayed crunchy & yummy! Let me know if u have any other questions!
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    hi, I posted that recipe (:
    drain & rinse the chickpeas, coat in cooking spray, bake @ 350 for 40 minutes (stir every 10 min to keep from burning)
    then take em out, toss with garlic & herb seasoning (or whatever seasonin you want)

I stored them in ziplock baggies in the cabinet. I don't refrigerate them. They stayed crunchy & yummy! Let me know if u have any other questions!

Thanks! I think I'll try them out tomorrow!
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    these sound to tasty!!! bump!
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • carlyholly
    Options
    Bump.
  • apretz1
    apretz1 Posts: 18
    Options
    Bump
  • karmamaof2
    Options
    This is a really yummy sweet version that i've been making recently: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2011/07/sweet-and-salty-roasted-chickpeas-cheap.html
    I use half of the oil called for, and it works out just great!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    bump
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I just drain, rinse and pat dry a can of beans
    toss with olive oil, cumin,cayenne,paprika and garlic powder

then bake on cookie sheet at 400 for 40-50 min... they are crunchy , but they dont stay crunchy for too long..

sometimes i will only make a small serving and cook it in the toaster oven, and then eat em all up!

I'm gonna try this recipe &* suggest you do the same! NOT the salt & vinegar recipe posted on here (it was yucky!) Don't store in fridge because they dont stay crisp.

Good luck!