Soft fat?

Options
Sorry for the random question. I've just started doing MFP and to be honest, it's the first time I've ever dieted.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but since I've lost about half a stone, my fat feels softer.

Does anybody else feel like this?

Replies

• Amazonstolemyname
    Amazonstolemyname Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    i asked this question just the other day...most people said that yes their fat got softer as they lost more weight. The fat cells are releasing the fat and aren't as 'full'. Think of a deflated party balloon, it's all 'soggy' looking.

Takes a bit for the skin to catch up and retract. It's a good sign!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    *poking tummy* Never heard that one before! I can't tell a difference :tongue:
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
  • Levity14
    Levity14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I was my heaviest, my tummy was like a rock!!! Now that I'm dropping weight, it feels soft and gushy -- like it is deflating! I hear tummy is the last to lose the weight, UGH! Just hang in there and keep doing the right thing! ie eating right and working out!
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Interesting, seems to make sense what others replied.
    I also think that int he beginning everything looks worse as bits of u tighten up and just leave the fat fighting on to the bitter end, Dunkirking your middle section lol,
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes I noticed the same thing. It's more 'wobbly' hehee but I am doing strength training and am noticing my muscles now too.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    *poking tummy* Never heard that one before! I can't tell a difference :tongue:

I am with you on this one!
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

OMG, thank you. I know I wasn't crazy. All of a sudden I started feeling lumps and bumps under my skin. I had a few docs and nurses, (I work in a medical setting) as well as my own doctor, tell me it was adipose tissue. I just prayed that it would go away and said as long as my skin didn't look like how it felt, then good. Great to have an answer, becasue I know it wasn't there before!
  • ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i used to get my fat on the belly really soft after exercise like spinning or running and now there is barely left of it so i guess it's a good thing ;D
  • babareeba
    babareeba Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump. my case
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I thought I was alone in noticing this!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No problem!! :wink:
  • MariaTheadore
    MariaTheadore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your tummy isn't the last place to lose weight if you eat a lot of protein and cut the carbs down to veggies only! It disappears almost instantly!:glasses:
  • MariaTheadore
    MariaTheadore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eating a higher protein diet with carbs down to just veggies will help you firm up more quickly.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Eating a higher protein diet with carbs down to just veggies will help you firm up more quickly.

Would love examples of meals for this. I def have wobbly belly and I'm NOT pleased.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Your tummy isn't the last place to lose weight if you eat a lot of protein and cut the carbs down to veggies only! It disappears almost instantly!:glasses:

Oh how I wish this was true for us all! Sure hasn't been true for me after 14 months of low carbing and working out.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    i asked this question just the other day...most people said that yes their fat got softer as they lost more weight. The fat cells are releasing the fat and aren't as 'full'. Think of a deflated party balloon, it's all 'soggy' looking.

Takes a bit for the skin to catch up and retract. It's a good sign!

Ahhhh, so that would explain why after we give birth our middles are all mushy and oatmeal like!!!! hahahahaha!!! That makes sense!!! thanks!!!
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Amazonstolemyname
    Amazonstolemyname Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies, they are really helpful.