I did it :)

Options
I actually went for a power walk around the neighborhood. I tried to throw some interval jogging into it too just because when I started I felt like what I was doing wasn't hard enough. I didn't go for that long (I'd say about 20 min) I power walked for about 15 minutes and threw three 1 minute jogging intervals into it. Unfortunately, my lungs really did not appreciate the jogging part at all. The upper part of both my lungs felt like they were inflamed and my chest felt super tight. I wonder if that is because I am just starting to exercise or is it something else? Well, it was a start and I am pretty pleased I finally had the guts to power walk/jog around my neighborhood.

(I think after today I decided it's best I don't start the couch to 5k program because I don't think my lungs could handle that much yet.)

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Good job!

Your lungs will adjust to the exercise as you do more and more. C25K takes it good and slow. First time I did it and did week 1 day 1, I thought I would die during the runs. It gets better each time you do it.
  • rcdouglas
    Options
    If you start with walking and then add in the 1 minute slow job intervals after a week or ten days, that should help. Keep at it!!