Non scale victory

Options
carolemack
carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
My normal power walk has not been burning as many calories lately...I guess as you get fitter your body doesn't have to work as hard. What use to take 45 minutes, today only took 25, so I decided to add some jogging to it.

Now bear in mind, I am 64 years old, current weight is 215, have COPD and RA, have never jogged in my life and really didn't believe that I could do it...but decided to try it anyway. I actually managed to jog for a full 15 minutes...I wouldn't have won any speed races but I was jogging! I could even have gone longer but decided not to push it, but you better believe I will try it again tomorrow.

I'm so pumped by this you would not believe! Best yet, according to my HRM, the combination walk and jog burned 287.4 calories!! I am so happy that I just had to share! :smile:

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Awesome! (Don't you love the HRM?)
  • rtaddlowe
    rtaddlowe Posts: 70
    Options
    Awesome. Great effort to push more than usual and then great results.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Excellent NSV! It's amazing how much more we can do when we work at becoming healthy!
  • nurseshannon1975
    Options
    That is Fabulous! Good job and keep it up!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    Thats great! Especially with those physical impairments! Way to go!
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    FANTASTIC NSV! Remember that feeling!:happy:
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done! That is awesome. Thanks for sharing - great inspiration to the rest of us!
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    Thats great, well done!
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Now, this what I call a real victory! You are my inspiration!

Thank you for sharing

Kristine
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're my hero. I can't jog that long yet myself and I've been working on it for awhile.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for you. I too have COPD and I have been amazed at the changes in what I can do now and my endurance.
    Yeah for you! I think as we both stick with this our COPD won't ever go away but we will be able to continue to improve and have a better life. It is great for me to hear from someone with the same breathing problems as me. Thank you for sharing your victory here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!