having trouble stick to diet and exercise plan

Options
Im curios it anyone eles goes through spruts of exercising and dieting just to completely fall of the wagon and endup starting all over again. Im getting tired of starting over ever few months, but i cant seem to stay motivated for long enough to see real results. Ive been on MFP for about a year and have only lost 10lbs, grrr! I know i only have myself to blame. Has this happened to anyone eles and how did you over come it? Also i get bored with food and feel lost on what to eat. I am a vegetarian and i can only eat so many salads, smothies, soup, and stirfrys. Ive been thinking about joining weight watcher because i think having to meet with a group of people once a week and someone weighing me in on a weekly basis would motivate me and give me the accountability i need. Any thoughts, tips, stories, or even friend requests would be much appricated, thanks.

Replies

• Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, that is what i used to do with diets - do it for a bit, get bored, put the weight back on. I've found it helps me to think "i've just gone to all this effort; going to the gym, eating sensibly - if i quit now that will have been a waste of effort". That seems to keep me motivated.

If you want feel free to add me and I'll try and help motivate you. I'm also vegetarian and I still eat a lot of things that aren't salads and soups - my diary is open to friends if you wanted to add me and have a look. I have to admit though I can't cook so my diet is a random mix of weird things I like. I generally still stay within my goals though (today is a bad example of that :laugh: )
  • bellydancerj9
    bellydancerj9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have learned that if I move on instead of starting over helps. If I stuff my face stupid and I say I will start over tomorrow , well we all know that tomorrow never comes. If I say" wow, I just like a wilderbeast, perhaps I should not do that anymore -moving on."I seem to be able to keep going forward instead of starting over. This change to our diets and activity does not have to be perfect - it just has to keep moving forward
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight, except by my standards, and I've never been a consistent exerciser. I, have, however, never dropped the idea that I should eat healthy food and get in some activity. Although there have been periods in my life when I've thought, "What's the point?", I know I would be very unhappy to be very overweight, ungainly, and to have unleashed avoidable health problems on myself.

Do what you can. Sometimes you need the synergy of weight loss and feeling good from exercise or other activity for a real surge of motivation. But don't let yourself think that it's not important to be fit and have your weight under control.

It never ends. I don't know how old you are, but I know a number of people who were really thin in their 20s to 40s who are seriously overweight now because they kept eating as they did when they were young despite the fact their metabolisms had slowed down, they were spending more time at the computer, weren't able to exercise flat out as they once did. This is not just a problem for people who were overweight as kids.
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I finally decided to focus on becoming heathy and changing my lifestyle. I didn't cut out my favorite foods, but I did limit them to weekly/monthly/etc. I also found a workout program that I loved. If running isn't for you then don't run... I found a love for TurboFire and have been addicted since the day I started. But, I also had my mind made up that I was going to get healthy. Yes, that included losing weight too. I educated myself and that helped me understand so much more about food, nutrition and exercise and the benefits of them all. Food is fuel for your body. I hadn't been treating it that way, but now I understand and have learned to control my food intake. Finding an exercise routine that worked well for me was also very important. Try not to let one bad meal derail your progress. Keep pushing forward.

Amber