31/F/220 NEED MOTIVATION!

Options
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here and need some motivation. I have lots of motivation in my head, but can't seem to get my act together. I'd love your help!

A bit about me:

I am a 31 year old single mom. I work full time and have all the house hold duties to deal with on my own. I know those are all excuses....but its really hard for me. I get up for work at 5:30am and don't get home until 7pm. By that time....I am worn out! The last thing on my mind is working out. I am very guitly of getting dinner in a greasy drive through bag. I must stop this, but it's so hard to get home at 7pm, fix a decent meal, spend any time with my daughter, get her a bath and to bed by a decent time!

I bought Jillian Michales Body Revolution about 2 weeks ago......it's still in the box.

I am only 5 ft 1, and weight 220 pounds. I may never be a bikini model, but I HAVE to lose this weight for my health and most importantly, I don't want my daughter to grow up with this lifestyle as a role model. She is only 3 years old....so I feel like I have pleanty of time to turn it around for her. Luckily, she is not an over weight child.

On a happy note, I do have a new man in my life (He's wonderful!). He is also a little over weight, and wants to slim down too. Unfortunately we don't live close enough to work out together every day. But he is also part of my motivation. He makes me really happy, and I want to look as good as he makes me feel.

So my biggest problem is time. I am excited to hear from you all and feed off of your energy!

Replies

• andreusfault
    andreusfault Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 31/f/and now down to 217 and only an inch taller. The best motivation I have found is this site and friends fer sure! Also I have been listening to Anthony Robbins personal power cd's. The cd's with my BF telling me that I keep starting and I keep stopping and I need to look into myself and figure out why! Why do I make it so hard on myself. This time its different, this time I look at this as something I AM doing, and it feels good cause I am loosing and it feels good cause its working. Keep negative thoughts at bay! Give yourself goals. If you must get that greasy bag for dinner, then stop and look at the 3 most good for you choices on the menu and write them down in a book... and do this for all the places you love. Then when you are starving and desperate, you have 3 choices that you already know are good and you CAN do it!
    As for the working out, ha, I am still working on how to fit that in my day. One battle at a time! Good LUCK!!!