I was force-fed a cupcake

Options
Il_DaniD_lI
Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
Ok, well technically not force-fed but pretty close.

My boss called me into her office and offered me one of her lemon, cream cheese icing cupcakes that she had been showing off yesterday - they were left over from her managers meeting.

She told me not tell tell anyone that she gave it to me because she didn't have enough to share and we ate it in her office. How could I have refused? It was an opportunity to bond with my boss one on one.

Oh and the cupcake was gross. Pfft. What a waste of perfectly good calories, I could have had some bacon instead.

Replies

• TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You really should have held out for that bacon cupcake. But sometimes bonding with the boss is politic.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I love that you took one for the boss. You kinda had to. Did you lie and tell her you loved it? Hope you don't get a dozen of them next week :laugh:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    I love that you took one for the boss. You kinda had to. Did you lie and tell her you loved it? Hope you don't get a dozen of them next week :laugh:

Oh you know it...even took one home for later! Later..aka my 4 year old.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options

awesome. You now know why they were "left over" from the managers' meeting. The managers can say, "No, thanks!" (with no career implosion.)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

awesome. You now know why they were "left over" from the managers' meeting. The managers can say, "No, thanks!" (with no career implosion.)

Yep, exactly! Must be nice.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I thought this was gonna be one of those "waaah, someone pointed a gun at my head and made me eat an entire chocolate cake" things, glad its not for once! :laugh:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    lucky you! schmoozing with the boss.

eh, workout extra to work off the cupcake!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    "Bonding with the boss" or a tedious form of torture?

Watch, next you'll be forced to sit in ... the COMFY CHAIR!

tt12.jpg
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Oh and the cupcake was gross. Pfft. What a waste of perfectly good calories, I could have had some bacon instead.
    I think I :heart: you! BACON!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the Bacon Cupcakes.
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "Bonding with the boss" or a tedious form of torture?

Watch, next you'll be forced to sit in ... the COMFY CHAIR!

tt12.jpg

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    LOL I will take a gross cupcake over no cupcake any day!
  • cbsmith14
    cbsmith14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HA! A similar thing happened to me... my boss came in with a huge box of pasteries.
    I said no thank you.... he pushed... I said I couldn't possibly... he scoffed at me and made funny of me being such a good girl... and when I finally said no, really no thank you... he broke off a quarter of a bear claw and put it in my hand.
    So pretty much I had to eat it.... at least my force feeding tasted good.

And at least I logged the damn thing and made sure it didn't take me over, so I'm still a goodie goodie.
    Although I'm not sure your HAVE to log it if it didn't taste good. :wink:

10311887.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am gluten intolerant so that pretty well takes care of any "will I eat this just so I am not rude?" quandaries.
    Id rather be rude than spend the rest of the day running to the loo feeling like a rats gnawing my insides.

Not sure in the case of the boss scenario..if I was seriously sucking up maybe I would risk a few days feeling like crap. Chances would increase according to how high up the boss was and how desperate I was to get a new break in the company.

Guess the equation would be -

Chance of eating said cupcake - E

Level of bosses position with higher numbers representing the top teirs - b

Months I have felt trapped in my current position = t (converted to seconds for calculation)

The actual look of the cupcake graded on a scale between 1 and 10 with 1 being "is that a pubic hair stuck to the frosting?' and 10 being "I want to eat no other food but this type of cupcake for the rest of my life") - y where 0<y<11

How many days I predict I will be moaning Why? Why? and clutching my stomach. :(

E = t (b X y)

: (

not sure what the units would be. "Despero seconds" (d s) ?
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i lost my appetite just following that math problem:huh:
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i lost my appetite just following that math problem:huh:

Math is fun! :)

Besides by the time you have worked out your equation you have lost interest in the original reason why.

Just remember that the chance of eating the cupcake is directly proportional to the level your boss holds in the company and months you have felt trapped and inversely proportional to the number of predicted days you will have a tummy ache.
    Actually the equation would probably be more accurate like this -

E = t (b X y)
    ( :sick: ) ^2

Oh yeah edited to add :sick: cannot equal zero. Dividing by zero makes the world end.