High protien, low carb, low-ish fat meal ideas

Options
I'm putting myself on this kind of diet for the next 4ish weeks. I need to lose some weight,quickly-ish. Hopefully, pick up a few new eating habits. I dont eat red meat and Im looking for all meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Im open to trying all kinds of new foods. I also would love for them to be at or around 300 calories....

I learned today, while ordering a chulpa with everything in it off and a large water no ice (and then getting upset they put ice in it), that Im a bit high maintance........There was a point to that statement but I forgot itwhen I went off on my tangent. Sorry.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/

You can choose the recipes by amount of carbs you want.
    Not just for Diabetics. Really helpful if you are cutting carbs.
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    thanks!
  • zillmerm
    zillmerm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just a sample of what I eat because I'm pretty much on the same diet as you are wanting to go on. My goals are 50% Protein, 30% Carbs and 20% fat based on a 2000 cal diet not counting calories burned from exercise. This may hurt you more in the wallet and take some getting used to but withing 2 weeks with a lean frame to start I've lost 6 lbs and 4%(started at 12%) body fat.

Breakfast ideas:
    1) 6oz silk light choc soy milk, 6oz unsweetened almond milk and 2 scoops of Gold Standard whey protein-350ish cals
    2)8oz Chobani non fat plain yogurt mixed with 1 scoop of Whey protein, 1/4 cup of Kashi GoLean honey almond crunch. 300ish cals

Lunch Ideas:
    1) 5 oz of deli turkey, 2 cups chopped romaine, 1/4 cup salted soy nuts mixed, 1 tbsp Fat free Hidden Valley Ranch. 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese. 350ish cals.
    2) 2 cans of chunky white starkist tuna, 3 oz carrots, 1 stalk of celery and as much mustard or hot sause as you'd like(0cals, 0 carbs)300ish cals.

Dinner Ideas:
    1) Grilled chicken with steamed veges.
    2) Ground turkey 4oz with taco seasoning, fat free shredded cheese, fat free sour cream, chopped romaine.

Snacks:
    1 oz beef jerky
    Pure Protein- Protein bars very good tastes without the chalky taste of some bars.
    Salted Soy Nuts- Good protein but don't go too crazy because theres a decent amount of carbs and fat but a much better replacement than reg peanuts or almonds.
    Sugar Free Jello- 10 cals, 0 carbs!!!!!!!!!!

Those are usually my go to's but theres a ton of options available with a little research. Hope these help!