Where do you keep your recipes??

Options
UUZennie
UUZennie Posts: 26 Member
I have remake them here regardless.

I would like a site that stores recipes that gives me nutritional information and lets me scale up or down and, ideally, converts from metric to Imperial measurements.

Any ideas??

Replies

• _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    No ideas, except that I'd like that too!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering this too. Good post.
  • tinytubbs
    tinytubbs Posts: 54
    Options
    i bought "cook and recipe organizer" off of ebay...it was like 3 dollars total and i have all my old recipes in there i have been too lazy computer wise to add new ones in so they are just in mfp.....it is a awesome program and very user friendly
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I have an iPad App that does that. It's called "My Recipe Book." Scales the recipes up and down, and has both kinds of measurements. Even lets you automatically import from some websites, a grocery list, and some other features I can't remember right now. Love it.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to have such a site. Especially one that was a little more user-friendly than MFPs, then I could just enter the total into MFP as a food.

As a total aside, for baking purposes, I once wrote a program for my favorite statistical software package that converted from volume to weight measurements, and then rescaled based on the size of the pan I wanted to use. I bake a lot less now, so it's not terribly useful anymore, but for a while...
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    As a total aside, for baking purposes, I once wrote a program for my favorite statistical software package that converted from volume to weight measurements, and then rescaled based on the size of the pan I wanted to use. I bake a lot less now, so it's not terribly useful anymore, but for a while...

I'm impressed!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

I'm impressed!

It was easier than constantly doing the conversions by hand. Especially since back then, I was baking for several men who were deployed.
  • UUZennie
    Options
    I'm trying out Allrecipes.com It has great features for "kitchen approved" recipes that have been reviewed. Not so great for personal recipes. I mean I can store them there but the tools only work on recipes they have reviewed. Blah.
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Create your own! Offer it to others! Make millions!
  • kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Food.com allows you to enter and store your own recipes and gives the nutritional information along with being able to adjust the number of servings. I use it a lot. It is a little confusing at first learning how to enter the recipe but once you get the hang of it there is no problem. You can make your recipes public for everyone to see and review or keep them private.
  • UUZennie
    Options
    Thanks, @kbrunner! Everyone hear that?
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    food.com

I have been a contributor of recipes there when it was called Recipezaar.com. I've posted some of my recipes in the recipe forum. And I always post the nutrition info with them. I've reviewed a ton of recipes there too and post some of the healthiest of those here too. In my blog, I post a link to all my recipes, as well as in my profile. It makes them easy for me and my friends to find.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I create alot on my recipes here with MFP... And save for future reference. I log every meal on my calendar on my iPad. I enter the magazine, issue and pg number. Before I dig out old recipes I look thru my calendar and if I want to make a repeat, I google it andusually allrecipes.com has it. Easy as can be!

If I REALLY like it I take a snapshot of the recipe and store it in an album on my iPad too...
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I dont know if this software, but I started a blog to keep all m recipes. Its easy to share and I can access them anywhere!

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Another one I have used is http://recipenutrition.com/
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    tag
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Evernote
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Evernote

This.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    So fast to collect items - take a picture, forward an e-mail, clip a webpage. Easy to tag and search for items.

When I do my weekly menu planning, I move the recipes I am going to use into my weekly menu notebook so they are easily accessible when I am ready to make them, and they don't get moved back into my main recipe database until they have been tagged with a number of stars indicating how much we liked it (so I can easily generate a list of our four star or five star recipes when I am stuck). I have recipes tagged "try soon" for when I am trying to decide what to make.
    Evernote

This.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I'm an organizational freak but strangely hadn't organized my Evernote folders all that well.