The most frustrating thing for a dieter

Options
I am at that place where I am eating 5 times a day but only healthy foods and leafy greans, grains. I work out a minimum of 30 minutes a day. Yet, there is no change on the scale! ARG!!!

Replies

• Violet1980
    Options
    I am at that place where I am eating 5 times a day but only healthy foods and leafy greans, grains. I work out a minimum of 30 minutes a day. Yet, there is no change on the scale! ARG!!!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Give it time... I'm in the same boat... Well, except I could totally eat better.

Have you done your measurements?

Angela:flowerforyou:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Are you recording your calories? How many are you eating daily?
    How long have you been eating healthy and working out?

Instead of the scale... take measurements and see if those change.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    The thing that busted my plateau was increasing my fiber intake signifigantly. Give it a try, can't hurt, eh?
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This happened to me. I changed my diet and starting working out at least an hour a day, five days a week. I didn't lose a thing for about a month but felt a lot better. This is the second week that I have seen results. I've lost five pounds now. I would say just keep going and let your body recondition itself and get used to your new habits. I was so frustrated I almost quit, but it is really working now.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I tried the 5 times a day eating thing. Insted I gained weight. I went back to 3 times a day and workign out and I lost weigjt. It depends on your body...some people feel just fine eating 5 times adn some like me gain.... good luck
  • Violet1980
    Options
    Every day I snack on low-cal whole wheat bran and blueberry muffins I make, which are nothing but healthy and full of fiber. I usually eat three during the day. I come home and make a veggie and protein-rich shack. I work out. Then I eat a simple dinner, maybe wheat pasta and shrimp. I EAT! I eat plenty. I just happen to eat low cal foods. I can't see myself eating more than 5 times a day. I am not deprived or hungry, but I am just not hitting my calorie mark.
  • Violet1980
    Options
    not yet. I am one of those scale people
  • Violet1980
    Options
    yeah, i was gonna wait about a week before i check measurements
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sometimes switching your work out routine will help as well. Your body gets to used to one thing and you don't burn as many calories. Shake it up a little try a new routine!

:happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Are you taking in a lot of Carbs?? Are you eating your exercising calories??
    Are you doing the same routine day in and day out?
  • Violet1980
    Options
    I take in whole wheat and grain carbs. I do quite arying workout routines. I am sure I just need to be patient. It is just so hard to be patient when you have been heavy for most of your life and are only now enjoying healthy lifestyle habits.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I was not dropping the pounds, by the tape measure numbers were shrinking.
    I wish you luck.:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe I did not read it correctly but are you eating all of your calories even the ones you get from exercise? if not you should or you could put yourself in starvation mode even if you feel you are eating enough :flowerforyou: