Starting to lose faith

Options
I started MPF in October of 2011 and I lost some 36 pounds, since the new year I have lost maybe the one pound and nothing else. I see everyone on here doing awesome on here. I havent moved an ounce since. I have lost one more inch. I have increased my speed on my work outs and I have been doing weights with nothing to show for it.

I do know that I need more water but Im kinda at a loss for it. If I don't like the taste or lack there of then I don't really wanna drink it. I don't know what to do and it does not help that Im stuck between pants size. Is there any hope or sugestions???

Replies

• alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You may need to readjust the types of foods you eat. i know for me I can't eat nuts as a source of protein or it puts weight back on me. I stick with the basics. Green vegatables, chicken, pork, lean meat and fruit (such as an apple , grapefruit, strawberries) Even though you don't like the taste or lack of you need to drink your water.
  • huddleston_J
    Options
    If I don't want plain water than I add crystal light. There are a lot of different kinds. Try doing different work outs, change up your routine.
  • BrittanyFordham
    Options
    Don't give up! You are just at a stand still...keep pushing through :) As far as the water goes, have you tried adding flavoring? Like the crystal light, etc. I've tried that and it is good to drink when I get tired of just plain old water. Hope that helps...good luck :)
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    chop and change routines, shock your system, even do something totally new if u have 2...
    as for water, add stuff to it, I am a fan of staminade, but love plain water,,,
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You have made great progress! My baby is 15 months old and it has taken me this long to lose 58lbs.....39lbs of this with MFP so I have lost at an extremely slow rate.....but you must'nt give up. Keep logging in and plugging away! Change up your workouts, lower you carbs, watch sodium, omit soda and fast food! I have tried everything, girl.....just gotta keep switching it up!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Do you want honest feedback?

Here's what I see in your diary:

Today: You were 400 calories OVER and over in fat as well.
    Yesterday: You had 900 calories for breakfast alone, most of which was powdered donuts.
    Wednesday: You were 1200 calories UNDER your target with only 10 grams of protein the entire day.

So, basically, your food is all over the place. You are eating way too much some days, way too little other days and horrible food on top of that.

Sorry if that sounds cruel. But, really.... if you are serious about losing weight, you need to start eating better. Do you need help with that or were these just 3 really bad days?
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    Thoes were really bad days. I was sick on tuesday and my body would not let me eat and the other days that are massive with screw up are all do to stress and me not feeling all the feelings I need to feel but instead I ate them.
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    Thanks Stacey!!!!!!!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    As far as water goes, try adding lemon to it, or a bit of salt. It's amazing how just a little flavor helps.
    Crystal light is great too, I like to water it down a bit myself..more water that way =)
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    Thank you all
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stacey!!!!!!!
    Your welcome! :wink:
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When I started my journey earlier this month I rarely drank water. Didn't care for it. Now that's about all I want to drink. The diet Dr pepper that I loved now just doesn't taste the same. I add the berry flavored propel zero to my water and it helps a ton. Granted I use it in every other container of water I drink now. It is zero calorie and low in sodium. I struggle to eat all my calories most days as I feel I am eating all the time. There are healthier alternatives to almost everything your body tells you it's craving. I lost 5 of the lbs in my first 3 days and have only lost 1 lb/week the past couple weeks. It just makes me want to push myself further.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything on here and on the water.....My dietician, my primary care physian and my coach at Curves have all told me that decaf tea made with splenda is just the same as water so if you like ice tea you might try that. I have also add like 1/4 cup or less of gatorade to my water just enough to give it flavor. Just some ideas cause I don't like drinking water either.

You will get through this!!!! Hang in there!!!

Hugs
    Bev
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    I have become a huge fan of drinking both herbal & regular tea; it's an easy way to fulfill your water quota for the day, plus it also works great in satisfying any cravings to eat out of boredom, too. Good luck! Add me if you wish...
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It seems like most of what you eat is processed foods. Cut out soda and processed foods. Eat whole foods, raw fruits and vegetables and I bet you'd see a big change... Lose weight in the kitchen & get fit in the gym...
  • Newme012
    Newme012 Posts: 43
    Options
    I don't have a desire to drink plain water either. What I have been doing is brewing herbal tea (hibiscus tea with blueberry) or green tea at twice strength and then putting it in a stainless steel bottle (with ice) and I take it to work. Tastes great ( plus green tea is said to aid in weight loss). I used to drink diet soda all the time and now don't drink any. Hang in there!
  • deweyz
    deweyz Posts: 18
    Options
    Yeah...a coworker does weak tea with splenda or equivalent & she drinks a lot of fluids in the day. I'm a fan of the 1/2 G2 or Powerade zero & 1/2 water - in a hard workout, pure Gatorade doesn't agree with me anyhow.

As for the weight loss -- as most others suggest -- change something. Perhaps try a new class type or sport that challenges you in a different way (try meetup.com to do with others). Change your exercise routine - instead of a constant pace bike or running or elliptical try intervals -- warm up then 1 min sprint - real hard sprint - then 2 min rest, repeat 5 times. Or maybe try a water aerobics class. Something different than what you do.

I personally find change easier if I make myself a goal that I have to incorporate into my routine. For example, I enjoy racing & pushing myself...so I signed up for a triathlon in mid May. A short one -- I've done races as short as 250 yd swim, 7 mi bike, 2 mi run...but to prepare for the race, I plan it 2 months ahead and I go at least those distances every week for those 2 months. Similar ideas include once a week volunteering -- Habitat for Humanity (in season) or volunteer dog walking at the shelter. Exercise buddies are a HUGE help too...I don't usually have one but I'm way more motivated when I do.

And watch too much weight training - builds muscle but doesn't burn fat like cardio - so you may improve your look (takes longer to see), you're actually often gaining weight. It's not really bad, but it can be disheartening if you're basing success on a scale.

Another hint - eat a little less - not enough that you really notice, but just a little. Like - at Subway, ask them to cut you sub in 3 instead of 2. Only eat 1 - wait 20 min. If you're really still hungry 20 min late have some more - but you probably won't be.

You can do it! Good luck.