Not a huge success, but I RAN MY FIRST MILE TODAY!!

Options
TiffanyV25
TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
Although I am overweight, I am an athletic person and I have always had pretty good endurance... but running was not my forte. It was HARD, so anytime I went out to the track I struggled (mentally), but today I stuck it out and ran 1.04 miles in 10.56 seconds. Yes, I know... it's not the fastest mile, but it's great for me! I'm happy, so I thought I'd share some of my happiness :bigsmile:

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It IS a huge success! The first mile is always the hardest.. the rest are easy.. they're just repeats of the first! Keep on runnin'!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is amazing.
  • 21patrice
    Options
    Sweetie keep up the good work right now you are like my hero because you have met a goal i am still struggling with! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That is a great time -especially for your first mile!!!! Congrats!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, good for you!
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    that is great!! Don't worry about the time. which, by the way is very good. Congrats
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the subject heading - that is a huuuuuuuge success!!!!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! I remember how great it felt to do so as well... just realize that you are so much stronger than you think- and you've just proved it to yourself! Just keep it up and you will be up to 2 miles and beyond in no time!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Here's to many more.:drinker:
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    A) GIANT SUCCESS

B) 10:56 mile first time out is nothing to turn your nose up at, girl! :) Great work! I run around a 10:15 regularly and I'm a runner, so there you go! Faster isn't always better :)
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That is great---keep it up and you will get faster!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the subject heading - that is a huuuuuuuge success!!!!

Um yeah. Especially cause it took me THREE MONTHS to run my first mile last year...and I ran like a 13 minute mile ;)

You're awesome. Don't let anyone tell you different!
  • flickchick26
    Options
    It's definitely a huge success!!! Congratulations!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment!!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep at it. I ran my first (slower than yours) mile just a couple of weeks ago and now I can run almost 4.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    That is definitely a HUGE SUCCESS! Don't under estimate yourself. I think the time was good, and it definitely was faster than all those people on the couch! Congrats! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Agree change the title-you did freaking amazing!!!
  • firedudecndn
    Options
    How can you say that's not a huge success?

You're being very silly. Stop it. Stop it this instance or I'll flash the lights on and off...

You ran a mile in 10 minutes. The average person on the street couldn't run for 10 minutes straight.

Revel in your accomplishment and set your next goal.

And stop being silly. There is no room for silliness here.

(don't make me explain that in saying there is no room for silliness, that I myself am being silly. That would be ridiculous)
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and it's a HUGE success! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    That is amazing especially that pace for your first mile!!!! YOu are going to rock the running world :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!