Hi I am a newbie!

Options
Hi!! My name is Teri and I have been using MFP for almost 3 weeks. It is awesome. I love it. I had lost 2 lbs. my first week. I weigh again tomorrow. I'm actually excited about it! That's a first. Anyway, any advice, info, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

249895.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    First of all, WELCOME!!! :flowerforyou: This is a great site. My best advice is to plan and log your food for the day ahread of time. I usually do it the night before. While I know that may not be for everyone, it works great for me. If I plan for all of my food and workouts, I'm more likely to stick to it. It just becomes part of my schedule. I just joined 2 months ago and I've already lost 12 lbs!!! Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. :happy: :drinker: :happy:

exercise.png
  • missteri2008
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I have been filling out my food diary as I go and it does get a bit tedious. The advice to fill it out the day before is a great idea! I just might have to give it a try. And again, thank you!!!

Teri
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Welcome this site is awesome....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It totally rocks...All the people here are fantastic and I wish I could meet everyone and we mingle and show off :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I have been filling out my food diary as I go and it does get a bit tedious. The advice to fill it out the day before is a great idea! I just might have to give it a try. And again, thank you!!!

Teri

Hi, and welcome! :flowerforyou:
    I totally agree with the logging your foods first! I sometimes even log 4 and 5 days ahead! Makes things sooooo much simpler for me! I always recommend to the newbies to do that. :smile:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

Teri

I totally agree with the logging your foods first! I sometimes even log 4 and 5 days ahead! Makes things sooooo much simpler for me! I always recommend to the newbies to do that. :smile:
    I really don't think I could do it any other way. I had a day or 2 where I didn't and it just threw me off. however, I never planned that far in advance. Maybe I'll try it :happy:

exercise.png
  • missteri2008
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I really think that this site will help me out. I am getting lots of good advice. :bigsmile: :embarassed:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Teri

I really don't think I could do it any other way. I had a day or 2 where I didn't and it just threw me off. however, I never planned that far in advance. Maybe I'll try it :happy:

exercise.png

Logging in advance always makes me feel sooooooo much more in control, I couldn't do it any other way either! :laugh: :smile: