Not a huge success, but I RAN MY FIRST MILE TODAY!!

Options

Replies

• juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Freakin' awesome!! Keep it up!!! WooHoo!!
  • cattraxs
    cattraxs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nice <huge applause> :)
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have been running for about 6 months, for the first time in my life....and I run about a 15-16.00 minutes mile....
    I am SO PROUD for you... You did truly Oustanding!!!
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    YAY! Great job! I am working my way up to a mile so this is very inspiring for me!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    excellent job
  • grace10241976
    Options
    Great job
  • badgirl4life
    Options
    I think thats a huge success!!! anytime you succesfully complete something you have never done that's a huge success.:smile: Be proud of yourself.
  • spriite
    spriite Posts: 3
    Options
    I hope to be able to say this. :) congrats!!!!!
  • sinny10
    sinny10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Most definitly and HUGE success!!!!! Running that first mile is an awesome feeling! Keep up the hard work! Very impressive!!!!!!! =-)
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with everyone else on this post, that is a major accomplishment. From the sounds of it you over came more than just running your first mile. You have now mentally proven to yourself that effort + hope + vigor = success your goals are only a thought away :-) and as long as you keep thinking you can do it than you will do it .. celebrate your accomplishments no matter how small they are, which in this case it's a pretty big deal lol .. i know people in the gym that have been running for a while and they have yet to reach the '10 min mile" mark. I am going to take your story with me to the gym tomorrow and brag on you like we are best friends lol (if you don't mind of course, you don't cool) keep up the great work and keep knocking down those obstacles success looks great on you!
  • lily0790
    lily0790 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thats amazing! Wow! I cant wait till Im able to run a mile :D
    dont worry about the time. The important thing is that you accomplished a wonderful goal today.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I admire you. I don't run unless I'm being chased with a gun. This is a great goal to have met. Mile two is going to be a piece of meal replacement bar (not cake!)
  • Mommy_Sans_The_Fat
    Options
    That IS a HUGE SUCCESS! What the H* are you talkin' bout??!!
  • beeka2ked
    beeka2ked Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That IS a huge success. Congratulations!!!!!
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the subject heading - that is a huuuuuuuge success!!!!

I agree - I would love to do this. This is a huge accomplishment.:flowerforyou:
  • sbenson1978
    Options
    :wink: that is a HUGE success!! Congrats! the 1st mile is always the hardest so way to go and keep running!!
  • yasdnilear
    yasdnilear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean about being athletic but really struggling with running! And like others have said, don't minimize your success! That's a huge mental obstacle to overcome!!! And those can often be our biggest :/
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • That is AWESOME! I haven't been able to run a mile as of yet so this is a HUGE inspiration!!:smile:
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Although I am overweight, I am an athletic person and I have always had pretty good endurance... but running was not my forte. It was HARD, so anytime I went out to the track I struggled (mentally), but today I stuck it out and ran 1.04 miles in 10.56 seconds. Yes, I know... it's not the fastest mile, but it's great for me! I'm happy, so I thought I'd share some of my happiness :bigsmile:

This IS a huge success! Seriously, running a mile in under 11 minutes... that's AWESOME! My 12 year old sister is a dancer and in shape and she hasn't even pulled off a mile time under 11 min

I'm still waiting for the day when I can jog/run a full mile... I think I can do maybe half right now, but still working towards it! I am definitely going to treat myself when that day comes though! GREAT job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!