Trader Joe's

Options
www.traderjoes.com

West & East coast

You can look up food items on their website to find out fat free,low sodium and vegan food

they have The most delisious Vegan choc chip cookies and they are not a guilty pleasure

~Becci~

Replies

• Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    www.traderjoes.com

West & East coast

You can look up food items on their website to find out fat free,low sodium and vegan food

they have The most delisious Vegan choc chip cookies and they are not a guilty pleasure

~Becci~
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip! I love me some Trader Joes!:love:
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, they also have some things that ARE a guilty pleasure that I LOVE:

Their dark chocolate covered mints and dark chocolate covered caramels are insanely good. Thinking about them is making my mouth water!! LOL
  • Beccilynn
    Options
    Unfortunately, they also have some things that ARE a guilty pleasure that I LOVE:

Their dark chocolate covered mints and dark chocolate covered caramels are insanely good. Thinking about them is making my mouth water!! LOL

LOL then don't think about them
    hehe

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Did someone say Trader Joe's?? It's my fav place!!! LOOOVE them! Try the roasted veggie enchiladas! And the turkey hot dogs are great too. Low in fat and calories and no nitrates or weird additives. Definitely cures my craving for a hot dog!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I, too, Love TJ's. I am always looking for tried and true suggestions.

Anyone else have something that should not be missed on my next visit?

My suggestion is the muffins. My personal fav is the Blueberry/Raspberry Oat Bran. I must warn you though, they are very dense.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    www.traderjoes.com

West & East coast

~Becci~

OK, I have to ask, it's driving me crazy, what the heck is the difference between a vegan choc chip cookie and a regular one? I can only assume eggs, but now I need to know for sure.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Right, no eggs, no animal fat (butter, etc.) So, in the sense of trans-fat, it's healthier than "regular" CC cookies, BUT it's still loaded with calories, so don't jump into a whole bag of 'em. I can't have these in my house - too hard to stop eatting them!

I LOVE Trader Joe's dark chocolate covered ginger bits - that is usually my "dessert."
    www.traderjoes.com

West & East coast

~Becci~

OK, I have to ask, it's driving me crazy, what the heck is the difference between a vegan choc chip cookie and a regular one? I can only assume eggs, but now I need to know for sure.
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Don't forget about the midwest. We have Trader Joes here too. Love the wheat pretzels. :love:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Have you had their "skinny" pretzels?? They are kinda like pretzel chips - delish with hummus, and calories won't break the bank.
    Don't forget about the midwest. We have Trader Joes here too. Love the wheat pretzels. :love:
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    If it has salt.... I'm so there.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Yes, vegan implies there is NO:

meat (obviously)
    dairy (cheese, butter, milk)
    eggs
    usually honey too!

I am in love with the "Nana's" brand vegan cookies. I could eat them all the time, which is why I can't buy them too often. :) I don't know if they have those at Trader Joes, I don't have one of those stores near me.
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I live on their soy nuggets. Four of them are so filling and tasty and are only 120 calories. Sometimes if i need a snack and for just 30 calories i am full. My fiance loves them and he is def a meat and potatoes kind of guy. They taste nothing like other meatless nuggets, they are actually good.
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I live on their soy nuggets. Four of them are so filling and tasty and are only 120 calories. Sometimes if i need a snack and for just 30 calories i am full. My fiance loves them and he is def a meat and potatoes kind of guy. They taste nothing like other meatless nuggets, they are actually good.
  • Beccilynn
    Options
    Right, no eggs, no animal fat (butter, etc.) So, in the sense of trans-fat, it's healthier than "regular" CC cookies, BUT it's still loaded with calories, so don't jump into a whole bag of 'em. I can't have these in my house - too hard to stop eatting them!

I LOVE Trader Joe's dark chocolate covered ginger bits - that is usually my "dessert."
    www.traderjoes.com

West & East coast

~Becci~

Thanks for giving out that information :wink: It is def NOT for eating the whole lot of 'em :tongue: however it is a nice little treat ---hehe--- nice ONE treat LOL

:heart:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    they do not have nutrition labels for anything tho....bummer....

I wonder if I could pass those soy nuggets off on my kids? :laugh: