Hello, need motivation

Options
I am a mother of two gorgeous children and the one thing I really want is to see them grow old and have children. I am in a serious need to lose weight for both personal and health reasons. I know that is should be easy when the results are clear, but it really is not. I am not a fad diet person and I pride myself on never doing that. I have always beleived that the only way is diet and exercise. I really do want to make the lifestyle change. I have no problem with the exercise. in fact, I have already started that and while I skip a couple of days I am wewll on my way to making exercise a regular thing in my life. My problem is eating right and portiion sizes. I just really need some motivation, friends that get me, and some good meal plan suggestions. I am trying to do right but I have been eating so much of the wrong things for so long, I just am having the hardest time breaking the habit.

Replies

• NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how u feel & where u r coming from. I will add you, hun :)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Keep up your excercise routine because it will add extra calories that you can eat. I have the same problem with portion control. When I was a young girl we ate three meals a day and a snack after school. We went outside, jumped rope, rode our bikes, walked through the neighborhood, played with friends but now the television and computer take up so much time. I have found that if my husband will put the leftovers up I will not snack as much. Good luck and let me know when you have a bad day or even a great day.
  • MissRoz
    MissRoz Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello!!! I have struggled with my weight since I was a kid and yes like you I am not a fad diet person and I believe eating right and exercising is the only way. My biggest issues have been similar to yours, portion control and giving in to my sweets :( I grew up in a house where you had to eat everything on your plate.

Well, I have been pretty successful in transforming my ways. I use the calorie counter on here RELIGIOUSLY (unless I'm being bad) and I even got a food scale to help me to figure out how much an ounce or 28 grams of whatever was. I eat every 2 hours, I try to keep my meals about 300 calories (dinner is usually more) and my snacks about 150 give or take. Believe me I LOVE to eat and I eat like a man so a 300 calorie meal may have sounded impossible to me before but it is really doable.

When I eat every two hours and drink plenty of water, I'm never really hungry. Also, before if I didn't eat right one day or gave in, I would just give up completely. Now what I do is if I didn't eat right one day, I know that tomorrow is a new day and I just keep at it.

Add me! This app has made weight loss/eating right so much easier for me! One last thing, I don't log in my exercise on here, it just gives me a reason to eat more and I find the calories burned is like double than what the treadmill says. Do your exercise but don't log it in here. If you're losing too much weight too fast, add a couple hundred calories, but take my advice and don't log in your exercising!!! Best wishes to you!!!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Portion control, isn't that nearly everyone's problem! That is the main reason why nearly the whole world is in here trying to take that control and lose the weight. For me the food diary helps me to keep track and cut down and also not being hungry helps a lot too. Brazil nuts, in moderation, seem to help in suppressing my appetite. I'm also going to try metamucil 15 mins before dinner. My worst bingeing time is usually in the evenings so I hope that will help. Don't lose hope I am SURE you'll find a way. Once you've made that decision to make a commitment, your strength will overpower the temptation to binge. Best of luck to you.:flowerforyou: