Ways of getting enough water

Options
5ladybugs
5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
Im having a hard time getting enough water. I try to drink regular water, I allow myself one bottle a day with crystal light.
Does tea count?

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I would count tea for sure. If using Crystal Light or another water enhancer helps you stay hydrated, I'd count that too.
  • BDamon75
    BDamon75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Especially herb tea! My fav is iced peach herb tea (caffeine-free). I make a pitcher at a time. There are a lot of herb flavored teas... no caffeine, no sugar... Another thing -- sounds crazy, but when I put water in a water bottle that has a straw, I tend to drink more water. Not sure why, but it helps.
  • ogibson3
    ogibson3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also can drink more water with a straw, I don't know why. Also take water with you where ever you go, you'll find yourself picking it up and sipping from it kinda like checking your cell phone. If I take water with me in the car I constantly pick it up even when Im not thirsty. Or if I'm watching TV I sit it close by so that I can sip on it. Some days I crave water and other days it makes me gag to get it down.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I hear mixed reviews on here. I did weight watchers for awhile and they said count tea or flavored water. So I say as long its mostly water go for it.
    I actually like water now, so I don't have this problem. But you aren't alone, I have read about this alot. Good Luck
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I always count tea. But I do not count diet soda. I'm not an overboarder, either- that says "for every soda you drink you have to drink extra water to replace what the soda removes" (being a mild diuretic).

I just don't count the soda.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    was going to suggest crystal light :)

i find i drink more water if it is in a bottle. so i reuse water bottles and try to have them lying around. i also enjoy it more with a splash of lime/lemon juice or a slice.

Being as I'm a natural tighta$$, my kids grew up on water with lemon at restaurants. My kids (teenagers now) wouldn't know how to act if I told them they could order a soda. It's free, and it's getting water down their gullets. ;)
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    was going to suggest crystal light :)

i find i drink more water if it is in a bottle. so i reuse water bottles and try to have them lying around. i also enjoy it more with a splash of lime/lemon juice or a slice.

Being as I'm a natural tighta$$, my kids grew up on water with lemon at restaurants. My kids (teenagers now) wouldn't know how to act if I told them they could order a soda. It's free, and it's getting water down their gullets. ;)

:)
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I find that just keeping a waterbottle on hand all day and taking a sip every time I notice it works for me....