Not a huge success, but I RAN MY FIRST MILE TODAY!!

Options

Replies

• heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    wow, that's fantastic! don't hang qualifiers in front of your accomplishment - that's an awesome time and success. full stop! pat on the back. :)
  • Kronayne
    Kronayne Posts: 4
    Options
    It is a huge success, enjoy it! It's funny that I ran my first mile (without stopping) yesterday too and I was so excited! At 230 it's not easy and I usually just walk. It's nice to know that progress is being made. Keep up the good work!
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Awesome time, my first mile was probably 25 minutes or more. It's been so long I can't remember. It wasn't on a track it was cross country.

Quite an accomplishment.:drinker: Stand tall girl. You earned it.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That 1st mile is always a huge success! Congrats
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies and support.. I guess I didn't realize how huge of an accomplishment it was! My husband is athletic and in shape, so when I told him, he was proud but didn't make it seem like it was THAT amazing...He just told me good job and moved on to the next subject (he has never struggled with running or weight). To everyone out there struggiling with running your first mile; YOU CAN DO IT!! Mind over matter. We are ALL stronger than we think... push push push.
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with everyone else on this post, that is a major accomplishment. From the sounds of it you over came more than just running your first mile. You have now mentally proven to yourself that effort + hope + vigor = success your goals are only a thought away :-) and as long as you keep thinking you can do it than you will do it .. celebrate your accomplishments no matter how small they are, which in this case it's a pretty big deal lol .. i know people in the gym that have been running for a while and they have yet to reach the '10 min mile" mark. I am going to take your story with me to the gym tomorrow and brag on you like we are best friends lol (if you don't mind of course, you don't cool) keep up the great work and keep knocking down those obstacles success looks great on you!

Haha, of course you can brag! ;) Thanks for the encouragement!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Cograts, that's an awesome pace for your first mile and you should be very proud!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Dang I'm impressed, I always feel like I might die when I run so I am very impressed.
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just did that for the first time yesterday! Now we're unstoppable :)

...and don't be embarrassed about the time! You ran it 5 minutes faster then me! Be proud!
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    This was me about three weeks ago (first mile, ever!)... now I'm running 8-10 miles a week, and growing. It's addictive! :D Congrats, and welcome to your new addiction. Haha
  • sweetbayzil
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fatcellsuck
    fatcellsuck Posts: 184
    Options
    Totally awesome!
  • ladyjeanne57
    ladyjeanne57 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hooray! What a huge success! I am hoping to run a mile sometime in the future. I have quite aways to go, but, stories like yours inspire me to work towards that goal. Today, you are my hero!
  • shirlsatrying
    shirlsatrying Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That sure is a success, congratulations you should feel proud of yourself : )
  • christinerush
    Options
    Well done! Thats a top effort!
  • mousecat84
    Options
    I have the same high from running more than 10 mins non-stop, yet this also might not seem big to some. However for me and others it is an awesome achievement, just like yours!

So congratulations, you've achieved so much and you're going to be continued to be amazed at what you will accomplish! <3
  • bones24
    bones24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all these positive responses you are getting, and you deserve it! I remember just a few months ago feeling the same way about that first completed mile, and it is a GREAT FEELING! Congrats!!!
  • kwaddell1987
    kwaddell1987 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i agree with everyone, it is a very big success, im just beginning the jogging stages now and im soo outta shape lol, congrats on this, its impressive, keep it up!!! :happy:
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    are you kidding me???? achieving something for the first time is always a huge success!!! I still remember how I felt when i ran my first mile...couldn't believe it.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I personally think that that is awesome. Grats =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!