Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV's for me!

IRun4Me_12
IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
This week marked my first 20 pounds lost! I have had lots of NSV's along the way, just today:

- I had to put an extra hole in my belt and cut the end off because it was way too long!
- A co-worker ran into me in the bathroom and asked me if I lost a lot of weight because she can tell. I really didn't know what to say back to her other than thanks. This woman lost a tremendous amount of weight a few years back (following a divorce) and has gained it all back plus some.
- None of my pants fit me right! I have saggy butt syndrome no matter what I wear! I am pretty sure I am close to being in a size 10, so I'm going to try and hold off in my 14's until I can get into a 10 - hopefully bypassing the 12's all together!
- I am wearing a shirt today that last summer, was snug in certain areas. Today, it fits comfortably, and is actually a little loose-fitting!

I'm feeling so proud of myself today! I need to get my hubby to take some pics!

Replies

• peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Yay!!!!!! Congrats and keep it up!
    Peace :flowerforyou:
  • Mijo88
    Mijo88 Posts: 69 Member
    That sounds amazing! You should be so proud of yourself you are doing such a great job! I love reading things like this as it motivates me even more that I'm on the right track.
    Congradulations and keep up the great work!

Cheers!
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Awesome experience and be proud and tell the co-worker, "Why yes, I have lost weight. Thanks for asking!"
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Thank you all for your kind words! I love MFP!
  • syb_227
    syb_227 Posts: 7
    Okay, I'm so outta the loop and a newbie. LOL. What's NSV?
  • colesproudmama
    colesproudmama Posts: 29 Member
    Awesome! Keep it up!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    u r so great! Way to go! The best things in life are worth working for and you are proof of that!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    NSV= Non Scale Victory. In other words, a fitness victory other than scale weight loss.
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    NSV= Non Scale Victory. In other words, a fitness victory other than scale weight loss.

thanks SO much for that! I had so many versions floating around in my head trying to figure out what it meant! :P

And to the original poster - I am so happy for you. Finally feeling a change makes it all worthwhile!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Awesome NSV'S!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!