One Year Ago Today. Alive and Well, Against the Odds.

Options
DatEpicChick
DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
So one year ago today, i posted this on my blog, i cannot believe it is the exact day that i happen to decide to read this. This is the reason for my weight problem, and the need for my weight loss. It is a tragedy that happens to have a happy ending. A VERY happy ending. Please Enjoy... And dont throw up.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
omg where do i start???

i was 117 when i got pregnant, i was 199 at 9 months pregnant...

i had...

toxopasmosis- a bacteria contracted from cat feces or infected food, could has damaged the baby or uterus

cholestasis - SEVER itching because of liver disease... absolutely horrible, i scatched my thighs and tummy so bad i would bleed.... this lasted about 5 months STRAIGHT

pregnancy induced hypertension- protein in the urine, and EXTREMELY high blood pressure, i was induced because of it

bed rest- i had a 3 day period where my chest felt like it was going to cave in. i had to sleep sitting up in a couch, most horrible thig ever

preeclampsia- lost my peripheral vision for about 12 hours, scared the absolute hell out of me. they thing thats where the chest pain came from

RH factor- i had to get the two shots because i am A-, hurt like a brat too

urinary tract infections- Had it consistently for 6 months, they couldnt get it to go away and i was downing water and taking the only medication they could give me

THEN OF COURSE-
(mind you i had the whole thing planned out, COMPLETELY natural labor, no pitocin, on my own, even thought about a home birth)

-i was induced because of high blood pressure
-36 hours of labor
-HAD to get an epidural because of the high blood pressure, could had hurt the baby
- HAD to get pitocin because i wasnt going fast enough and they were worried for the baby
-Pushed for 5 minutes
-The babys head LODGED in my hip bones, i wasnt big enough
-Emergency c-section

OH its not over yet-

-C section went fine
- Day after baby was born, i was hold her and nursing... then ears started buzzing, nurse took her, i passed out, head ringing...
-Put on WATCH, had my OWN NURSE in birthing center
- Passed out onto the floor, nurse came in just in time, ringing in my ears again
- another surgery- they HAD TO REOPEN ME
- diagnosed with DIC-disseminated intravascular coagulation -acutely ill and shocked with widespread haemorrhage (common bleeding sites are mouth, nose and venepuncture sites), extensive bruising, renal failure and gangrene
- i was internally bleeding, the cuts they had made for he c section were not clotting
- ICU for 24 hours (babies arent allowed there, the hospital manager brought Nini to me, they didnt think i was gonna make it, they took pictures of us together, they still make me cry when i look at them)
- Left me OPEN after the surgery for 2 days with 'packaging' to soak up extra blood
-Went back to SURGERY to close me up
-Moved me back to birthing center so i could see Nini without problems
-yeast infection-
- SEVEN IV's - the top person who does the ivs, would not do it, they had to have the senior supervisior from Lordes medical center come to the hospital to do it...
- Oxygen mask
-Medications up the Wazzoo
- retained water to such an extent, i gained over 50 pounds during my hospital stay
- 1 iv in my right arm blew my vein, my entire arm was purple, black, and blue

oh and the absolute WORST THING EVER-
- because of all the swelling, my LABIA, the little lip next to the vagina, swelled to the size of a MANGO, i am not joking or exaggerating. the doctor honestly didnt know if i was going to ever be the same, it was so painful that i had to keep my legs as far away from eachother as possible, and when i stood, i had to stand like a cowboy.

- I was in the hospital for 12 days in all

- had to learn to walk twice, and under doctors orders, my husband, the baby, and i had to stay with my parents for 2 weeks so i didnt over do things

was the worst thing i have ever experienced... i hope no body ever does...

i wasnt allowed to look in a mirror, it was the most traumatizing thing in the world... but...

Nyomi Autumn Elise' Schneider,

didnt have one problem, and was released and went home with daddy after day 4, and came to visit mommy everyday

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

It's so scary to think about this. I was SO BIG, i was so fragile, and i was so scared....
Like i said in the post
I was 117 pounds before i was pregnant, 199 at 9 months pregnant, and 252 pounds from retaining water during my hospital stay.
My life completely changed in those TOO short 9 months, and i can say,

March 23, 2012 is WAY BETTER than March 23, 2011.

I take everyday as a blessing. And i hope that i can share this as a true success story when i hit my goal weight of 125. This is going to be my year. <3

Replies

• blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have such a positive attitude for someone that has been through so much. So glad you & your baby girl are alive and healthy.
  • osbullies
    osbullies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow you went thru a lot and are blessed to be alive today. Thank God.

You will make your goal I'm sure of it.
  • raerad7
    raerad7 Posts: 21
    Options
    It is good to hear you are doing so much better. as a labor and delivery nurse I have seen a few women go through trauma such as yours, so I can attest that everything you said CAN and DOES happen, thankfully not often. Great job on your weight loss too!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!! This goes to show you (in my opinion) that there is a higher being....and you are doing such a fabulous job!!!! My heart goes out to what you had to endure......but made you a stronger person....congrats on such a great year!!!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart and your little baby. I'm so sorry you had to go through so much horrible pain and suffering, but you look amazing now and your baby is just precious! Congratulations to you on your success and on being a very lucky mommy! :flowerforyou:
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh dear Lord... Sweetie, you've been to hell and back. You are SUCH a strong person for having gone through all that and come out on the other end alive. It makes me so happy that you're feeling better now!
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Epic chick, you're a true survivor. What an amazing attitude, hence your inspirational come back. You so deserve your happy ending :flowerforyou:
  • pankybinky
    Options
    You have certainly been through the mill. I agree with everyone, you are very strong. I'm delighted that your baby was healthy and well. Next time I feel like moaning or complaining, I will think about this post.
  • christinerush
    Options
    Oh my God! Thank goodness you got through all that and well done! Love your babys name too! Thanks for sharing your story!:flowerforyou:
  • AspireXX
    AspireXX Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow, I am so sorry that all this stuff happened too you. And sooo glad that you made it through!
    All the best to you and your family <33
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I thought I had a BAD pregnancy! You take the cake! But well done for being strong and getting through all the bad parts.....you look amazing and you are such an inspiration!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh... I thought I have had a bad run of operations. so glad you made it. x
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    OMG! What a horror story for you, glad it has such a happy ending. You must be an amazingly strong person and I look forward to seeing you post when you hit goal. :flowerforyou:
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    What an amazing story...I admire your strength! So glad that you were able to overcome all of those obstacles and are here today stronger than ever!! You go gurl!! :)
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You are such a strong person for making it through all that. I hope you know that after that there is nothing you cant do. As a midwife with 15 years experience I have seen almost all of what you have describe....note, almost all. I have only read of some of those things and I certainly haven't seen more than few of them in one patient at a time. You have no idea how heroic you are to me to have made it through all of those. I am glad your baby was and is okay. It really helps when a mommy knows that the baby is okay. She will fight through anything to get well for her child, just like you did.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!
    it truly has made me a better and stronger person
    and i take every single day with my husband
    and little girl
    as a total and complete blessing.
    <3

You guys are wonderful and this is such a supportive community!!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    That's painful to read, let alone live through. Glad that your daughter was okay the whole time and that you have recovered. Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!