Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ways of getting enough water

5ladybugs
5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
Im having a hard time getting enough water. I try to drink regular water, I allow myself one bottle a day with crystal light.
Does tea count?

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    I would count tea for sure. If using Crystal Light or another water enhancer helps you stay hydrated, I'd count that too.
  • BDamon75
    BDamon75 Posts: 1 Member
    Especially herb tea! My fav is iced peach herb tea (caffeine-free). I make a pitcher at a time. There are a lot of herb flavored teas... no caffeine, no sugar... Another thing -- sounds crazy, but when I put water in a water bottle that has a straw, I tend to drink more water. Not sure why, but it helps.
  • ogibson3
    ogibson3 Posts: 4 Member
    I also can drink more water with a straw, I don't know why. Also take water with you where ever you go, you'll find yourself picking it up and sipping from it kinda like checking your cell phone. If I take water with me in the car I constantly pick it up even when Im not thirsty. Or if I'm watching TV I sit it close by so that I can sip on it. Some days I crave water and other days it makes me gag to get it down.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    I hear mixed reviews on here. I did weight watchers for awhile and they said count tea or flavored water. So I say as long its mostly water go for it.
    I actually like water now, so I don't have this problem. But you aren't alone, I have read about this alot. Good Luck
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    I always count tea. But I do not count diet soda. I'm not an overboarder, either- that says "for every soda you drink you have to drink extra water to replace what the soda removes" (being a mild diuretic).

I just don't count the soda.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    was going to suggest crystal light :)

i find i drink more water if it is in a bottle. so i reuse water bottles and try to have them lying around. i also enjoy it more with a splash of lime/lemon juice or a slice.

Being as I'm a natural tighta$$, my kids grew up on water with lemon at restaurants. My kids (teenagers now) wouldn't know how to act if I told them they could order a soda. It's free, and it's getting water down their gullets. ;)
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    was going to suggest crystal light :)

i find i drink more water if it is in a bottle. so i reuse water bottles and try to have them lying around. i also enjoy it more with a splash of lime/lemon juice or a slice.

Being as I'm a natural tighta$$, my kids grew up on water with lemon at restaurants. My kids (teenagers now) wouldn't know how to act if I told them they could order a soda. It's free, and it's getting water down their gullets. ;)

:)
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    I find that just keeping a waterbottle on hand all day and taking a sip every time I notice it works for me....