Wanted: Fat and Skinny girl friends!!

Options
Hi there! My names is Elissa I am 24 and am 217 lbs. I am a mother of 2 and after a c section and amost the 4 years later have packed on the lbs! I have joined atkins, personal training , diet pills everything!! I end up falling off the wagon and packing on more lbs plus, I am sick of that routine and this time i am going to take control of my cravings! I am a women of faith and if anyone hasnt read CRAVE you should! very motivating! My goal is 155lbs and i have lost 7 so far and my goal seems so far away! I am looking for some friends who are going down the same road to keep me motivated ! Or someone who has already accomplished that road and can be my mentor! I look forward to hearing to you reply and sucess stories! xoxoxox -Elissa

Replies

• myakachan
    myakachan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jaz, and I too am new to this site after discovering it through my phone by downloading the app. I'm being very conscious of what I eat now and I'm trying to be very active. I would love to make some friends on here to help me out since I'm woefully lacking in that area (I only see my friends on Mondays and Wednesdays and the odd Saturday, leaving me lonely the rest of the week unless my boyfriend has a day off).

If anyone happens to live in the upstate of South Carolina I would love a couple of friends to start going on hikes with ;).
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 24 y.o. postgrad student from Sydney, and have gained some kilos after quite a different lifestyle change to you -- for me, it was the transition from undergrad to the stress and relatively sedentary patterns of postgrad that did it... >.< I need to drop about 10 kg... I don't know at all what that is in lbs. My suggestion is that you shouldn't fret too much over the number on the scales as you should be gaining muscle while you're losing the useless weight, so pull out the tape measure, too! XD
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    C section, diet pills, atkins, cabbage diet, over 200 pounds...Ive been there too! Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    Hi Elissa !! I'm Anna a mother of 3 I'm 21 years old and the something has happen I was always doing diets taking pill doing anything I could to loss weigh!! But Now I don't have to do all the crazy things us to do !! All I do is exercise eat right and I been lossing weigh !! Just by working out I start'd my journey in November 2011 and only 17 down not a lot but I'm moving

Feel free to ADD Me:flowerforyou:
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds so very familiar....one diet after another and only ending fatter after each one. This is for life...therefore I will be different!
  • elissam88
    Options
    Awsome! Thats what i am missing is gym time i am a member to this wonderful gym and hardly go! Just started this last week so i am getting the cravings undercontrol and my diet now game on for the gym! :)
  • cattraxs
    cattraxs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Elissa, I'm Debbie. 8 weeks ago I weighed the very same that you do. Today, 8 weeks later I am down to 195. You can do it and will. I joined WW and was very motivated to loss the pounds (would like to get down to 170). I like their program because it's not about what you can't eat, it's about every thing in moderation, exercisng and making good choices in the doing. I like MFP cause I it soooo helps me in making the right choices and deciding what foods are the best whether it snacks or what to have for dinner that night. I'm certain as a young Mom you are already on the go alot and finding time to do things for yourself is difficult. But do it you will and with determination and smart choices that 155 will look really good on you :). Stay focused and be proud of what you accomplish each day (whether it be in parenting or your weight loss). Don't forget other MFPers (hmmm, that one sounds funny) are here for you.
  • mommybear0922
    mommybear0922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey Chica! My name is devin, and I'm on the same road as you. My goal is to get down 155-160 as well,and I've only lost a couple so far(still struggling with my cravings!). Feel free to add me:happy:
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!
    I am also a woman of faith (I'm a worship leader at my church as well)!
    I am turning 40 next week...have a 16 year old daughter..been married 17 years.
    I have also tried a lot of ways to lose weight...with little to no success. I haven';t lost a lot yet with MFP, but I am still tweaking things, and I will get there in time!
    Friend me if you'd like.
  • elissam88
    Options
    Thanks debbie! Ive thought about WW! Great job on your weight loss! very motivating :smile:
  • elissam88
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Now lets check in on eachother and do this! Maybe when we get to our goal we can all meet on a nice beach in bikinis! :happy: Good luck and stay strong!!!! Now lets do this!!
  • jrschecky
    Options
    We have a similar goal!! I'm 200 right now, trying to cut down to about 150-140. :)
  • Blackrose77
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lucille, I have a daughter, 19, and 3 step daughters, 18, 20, 22, After my daughter was born I weighed 188 lbs... I had gained 73 lbs from my pregnancy.... 19 years later... I am now 160 lb... I still have about 12 - 14 lbs left to loose and I will get there.... and when I do I am going to eat out at "Outback Steak House", with a large salad!!!! I just want to say I ate there, at least once in my life... :) Looking for friends to chat with and to swap ideas... I am usually always online and easy to find...
  • Krissi921
    Krissi921 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh geesh....try 3 c-sections! I know how that goes! Been there done that with all of it. Working on making it a lifestyle change and not a fast fix! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LittleEdenx
    LittleEdenx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 28 with two beautiful girls. I was anorexic in my teenage years, then met my future husband who helped me over my food phobias. I had a c-section with my first and the weight shot on within that first year. My second was natural but by then the damage was done and I started to eat constantly useing the children to defend my actions.
    I sooooo do not want them to be ashamed of me and I am determined not to hit 30 unless I am at my target weight. I weigh 125 lbs and my target is 112 lbs.

Debbiex