EATING CLEAN - GROUP CHALLENGES! (Open Group, Join In!)

Options
Morning Everyone! :flowerforyou: This week our challenge will be focused on snacks... while trying to keep breakfast, and drinks in check! :drinker: So this week try to eat healthy, natural snacks such as whole natural (no salt) almonds, fruits, veggies, hummus, etc. There are SO many great choices... :bigsmile: Remember along with eating clean foods, the clean eating concept promotes eating 6 small meals per day... instead of three big meals! Really try to plan and pack mini meals for a week and see how it goes!!! :flowerforyou:

Anyone can join... post your questions, ideas, or just vent :wink: :flowerforyou: Good Luck!

Replies

• almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    Options
    Here is a helpful site (included are 2 week shopping lists so you don't even have to think about what is, or is not clean) :flowerforyou: : http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/shoppinglists/index.html
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    because of all the eat clean hype, I just ate an entire tomato..........alone..........with nuttin on top.

Ya know what????? It was GOOD! Who knew a mater could taste good without bluecheese dressing??:laugh: :laugh:
  • almond13
    Options
    :laugh: that is great. i really have come to love raw foods... and I feel like once you cut out all of the processed foods... they start to taste even better... like when I have a craving for sweets I think ... I need fruit... not I need candy :laugh: :bigsmile: congrats! keep up the great work! :bigsmile:
  • RB12000
    RB12000 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am interested in eating clean, that link will help!! Thanks almond! Have a good day!!
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    those lists are HUGE! thats gotta be like $400/week worth of food! :indifferent:
  • almond13
    Options
    :laugh: I know... they are crazy... I don't think I buy that much in a month... I usually just use them as a general guide... I do like when they have ideas for less expensive, quick meals... they have one list up there now that is five family dinners for less than $10 per day... that list is a bit more reasonable... but either way I never stick to the list just use it as a guide (it helps keep be away from the cookie-candy section... hahaha) :laugh: :wink:
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    Can someone really eat that much!?!? I don't think I have ever gone to a store, or bunch of stores in one day, and brought that many items home!!! LMAO Definitely good to use as a guide though... Thanks:heart:
  • almond13
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to join this group if I may.. I started my eating clean lifestyle on Sunday and LOVE it!:heart:

I'm on a more structured meal and weight training plan from my personal trainer. I don't have "snacks" as I use to, now I just eat 6 meals every 2.5 to 3 hours that consist of lean protein and carbs from veggies along with a banana and grapefruit during the day.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I like this challenge and would like to join.
    Just had raw almonds and walnuts for a snack. Had a plum to go with it but I'm full so maybe later if I need it.
    Breakfast was a blueberry and almond milk smoothie with cinnamon and agave (too sweet! don't know if I'll use that often).
  • Sapporo
    Options
    What'd I do? Scare everyone away? :)

Today's snacks were 8 almonds, 4 walnuts, 1/2 cup of blueberries.

Eating was 100% clean all day, that's day 2, yay.
  • saretta71
    Options
    I love the raw unsalted almonds - Trader Joes sell them in 200 calorie packets. They're great for a snack or light meal.

Trader Joes also has the terrific Mediterranean Cheese Style yogurt that is extremley low in sugar. A couple of tablespoons with some organic berries is fantastic!
  • Sapporo
    Options
    Low sugar yogourt sounds yum! We don't have Trader Joes around here :(

Today's clean snacks: blueberries and raspberries!
    I'm still not out of blueberries, they're cheap right now.
    Another 100% clean day overall. Just 3 days and I can't believe how much better I feel. My usual aches and pains in my knee and back? don't feel them so no need for pills. Plus my head just feels so much clearer.
    I don't think I'll ever eat anything processed ever again. (lol, as if, but too bad)
  • almond13
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I have been wicked busy... and I have been sooo bad in the food dept. although I have really been good about working out... I was sooo mad today i had a fage greek yogurt ready for b-fast at work.... and guess what it was over 3 months over the 'best by date'... yikes... so then i was starving... as i swam this morning... so my only option was then vending machine... and the only thing that resembled b-fats was a pot-tart :grumble: so i ate it... but i have a yummy lunch and dinner planned.... so hopefully i can get back on track! :bigsmile:

Weekly Challenge: Try to eat clean during work!!! :bigsmile: (aka. no vending machine :):laugh:
  • Sapporo
    Options
    Today's snacks were 12 almonds, small amount of walnut pieces, and a plum.