Dinner ideas

Options
I come from a big meat and potato family. I love my veggies and can do without meat. I am trying to encourage my family to become healthier too. The problem is that I am running out of ideas. I have looked up lots of recipes online, but what I really want is for someone to tell me what they make, that tastes good enough for my family to enjoy. I am definitely into healthy foods but I am tired of making unhealthy choices (like pasta) so they will eat too.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Except for cutting white sugar, flour and processed or fast food, I cook everything I always did. Only now I watch portion size. It not about deprivation it's about eating healthy and the correct amount. Just find healthier versions of the food you all love.
  • anewton04
    anewton04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much meat so I eat a lot of pasta too. I make fresh veggies sauces using fresh vegetables and canned diced tomatoes. My husband loves it. It is now one of our favorite dishes.

Some other ideas:
    Bean burritos with salsa and cheddar cheese
    Salads with beans and fresh veggies - one example (chickpeas, red peppers, grape tomatoes, lime juice, crushed red pepper, cilantro, onion, corn) My husband had his doubts on this one but loved it
    Chicken Chili made with chicken breast meat shredded
    Veggie Soup
    Pita pizzas
    Hard boiled eggs with salads
    Tuna
    Egg Frittata with lots of fresh veggies and a little fresh parm cheese
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am a carnivore and love meat/potatoes, etc. My wife could eat veggies all the time. We found a great comprimise recipe on WW for baked Ziti. Loved by both of us. Super easy prep and delicious. We added some italian sausage - ahem - to satisfy me. I have had it both with and without italian sausage and it good both ways.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=224411