5"6 maintenance ladies. What size?

Options
I am just curious what size pants I should be shooting for ;) So if you are 5"6 and at maintenance would you please tell me what size you wear? Pretty pretty please?!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I still wear primarily junior sizes, and I wear a 9 in juniors for jeans, and normally a medium for shorts/pants/skirts/shirts, the majority of the time. At my heaviest, I was a size 12 dress and 8 pants in womens, but don't know what that's at now. However, I am 19, 5'6, and about 125. :)

EDIT: It all depends on your body type! I carry most of my weight around my stomach area, and I have a lot of leg muscle from running. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and around 130 pounds.

I have absolutely NO clue what size I wear until I try on the jeans. Usually a 2 or 4 in misses, 5 or 7 in juniors, but I wear 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11. :laugh:
  • sebbysmommy
    sebbysmommy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks :) I have never in my adult life been below a 12, it is kind of shocking to me that a 2 or 4 is even a option!
  • carrieberrysweet
    Options
    it really depends on the brand of jeans. i'm 5'6 and when i am at my happy weight some ranges of clothes are a 5 and some brands are 9. average mainence for me is a size 6/7 jean, medium size shorts and size small shirts. depending how much muscle tone/or if its more flat your toosh and thighs will also make a difference (: i hope this helps, but girls jeans are so varied these days, its hard to say a certain number. unless you pick a specific brand you only wear.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    5'6", 130 and size 4. It depends on the brand though, some 4s are too big.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the brand. I'm 5'5" and 122lbs. I mostly wear a size 4 (or 27 if the brand goes by waist sizes) or a juniors 3 or 5. But I have pants ranging from a size 2-8 that all fit just fine, brands vary a lot!
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What difficult to say is how much loose skin you'll have after losing 80lbs. I'm probably a size or two bigger than I should be because of loose skin. It also depends on the clothing brand, how muscular you are, where you're weight is distributed, etc. I mean seriously anywhere between a 4-10 would be resonable to expect.
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    I think it depends on the manufacturer - they all size differently but generally I am happiest at a size 4 or 6 (junior 5 or 7), I just judge by if they size it big/small for the manufacturer brand.
  • DJSchelby
    Options
    Hi, I am 40 and just shy of 5'7" and 142 pounds. I sit between a 4 or a 6. I have a feeling there are a number of factors besides height that impacts size. We all carry weight in different ways and whether or not the person has had children will impact that as well. Whatever makes you feel beautiful!
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and around 123 pounds. I wear size 2-4 depending on the jeans, around 27-28 when the size is in inches.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and at 160... I am currently wearing a size 8, the smallest size ever, I carry my weight in my hips so size 2 is not a goal of mine, it's all about what is right for your body :flowerforyou:
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else hate woman's sizes? A size 7 in one store could be a size 5 or 9 in another. Drives me nuts. But on a positive note, I do appreciate when I fit into a "smaller" size pant. Maybe it's a marketing tool.. hmm
  • Gabbytenille
    Gabbytenille Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It depends on the brand but also depends on your build. I'm 5'6 and when I was around 155 I was a size 10/12. At 145(I looked too skinny because I am very large frame) I was a size 9. My body has changed since then plus i've had a baby so right now my goal is to get to 165/170 and see how I feel. I want to get into a comfy 12. I'm flat stomached and can wear a bikini at that size!
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6' 130 lbs I wear a 2 or 4 depending on the brand.

Good point about frame size. I have a smaller frame.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    well...I'm not at maintenance yet but I am around 160 right now and wear a comfortable size 10. I'm guessing after aother 20 pounds I'll end up at a 6-8. I have a medium-large frame. That defintly makes a difference....a smaller bone structure could lead you to earing a smaller size. :)
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    5'6" 125-128 lbs, size 2-4 pants 27" waist. I carry my weight in my waist and have small hips. :)
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6"
    I currently weigh 167 and I wear a size 14, sometimes 12

I am finally into a Large top.

Random: I wear a ring size 8 on my right ring finger. I want to get back to a 6.5
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh 185, wear size 14. I am not at maintenace though, I want to get down to 155.
  • GettingFit145
    Options
    I'm 5'6", but a pear shape - much larger on the bottom! Currently at 155 misses' pants size 12 are starting to be a little big, so hopefully I will be in a 10 soon. When I was at 140 - 145 a few years ago (which is what my goal is now) I stayed mostly in misses sizes' 6 or 8. That was the smallest I ever was (that I could maintain!) When I got down to 130-135 people thought I was way too skinny - but of course that was because I have a tiny frame from the waist up. Other posters are right....5'6" comes in many different shapes!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    5'6 136 pounds wear a size 5. I think my pants size will stay the same when I reach my GW. I used to be 153 ish and size 7.