How many steps a day... your goal?

Options
On the days I work out, my goal is 7000 steps. On the days I don't work out I don't keep track.

What are your goals?

Replies

• mapdixon
    mapdixon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started out with a goal of 6,000 steps 3 times a week - however, with the weather being nice out side, I found myself walking more in the mornings just to get my day started. I found that walking just 30 minutes was getting the 6,000 steps alone - some days I have walked over 13,000. I will try to keep a goal for 8,000 -10,000 a day for the spring / summer.:wink:
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I walk to and from work--a mile from my house and down the stairs and around the block at lunch and break during the day--I usually do 10-13,000 a day--not including days I do "dedicated" exercises. But if you've been truly sedentary 7000 is a good place to start. I've read 10,000 a day is what you need to maintain a healthy weight.
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I aim for at least 10k steps a day. I usually get about 7k on a regular day walking around campus and to the bus stop and such.

Ultimately I try to get 5 miles which is about 13,000 steps for me (I have a short stride)
  • JMD1971
    JMD1971 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out and I am aiming to walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
  • maethoriel
    Options
    My goal is at least 10,000 a day but lately I've been getting between 15-20,000
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I walk to and from work--a mile from my house and down the stairs and around the block at lunch and break during the day--I usually do 10-13,000 a day--not including days I do "dedicated" exercises. But if you've been truly sedentary 7000 is a good place to start. I've read 10,000 a day is what you need to maintain a healthy weight.

When I first started trying to lose weight a few years ago I did the 10K steps a day thing. It really made a difference! I've not used my pedometer since I started MFP, but I still try to park at the end of the lot, use the stairs instead of elevators or escalators, and any other little thing I can do to increase my steps per day. This topic reminded me to get that pedometer out and start counting for real again! Thanks!
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    On the days I work out, my goal is 7000 steps. On the days I don't work out I don't keep track.

What are your goals?

Oh, slightly incorrect... 7000 steps during the actual workout and then whatever else on top of that.