NSVs this week:

Options
Hoakiebs
Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
1. Had to cut an extra notch in my belts.
2. I walk/jog pretty much every day @ work because we have such a beautiful nature trail, and an overweight coworker said that everyone in the office has noticed and is proud of my dedication and the results I've achieved. I was so stunned, all I could say was thanks, with a big grin on my face.
3. I fit into my whole drawer of M/L t-shirts again. Feel like I got a whole new wardrobe.
4. Was walking through JCPenney today and saw some nice shorts. I started out in Dec. wearing a 40 waist, but have gotten down to a 36 recently. So I picked up a 36 and went to the fitting room where I noticed they were a tad loose, so I said " what the heck, let's try the 34!". Low and behold, they fit. I've just opened up the majority of my wardrobe from 6-10 years ago. Score!

Been a heck of a week, away from the scale, anyway.

Replies

• Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of good stuff!! Well done!

Jx
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Those NSV are so rewarding :-) The scales make you feel good but people noticing and your clothes size changing, especially when it is so dramatic - great stuff. :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work :-)

(PS I had an NSV today - have started jogging around my backyard - before I just walked - it's only a small backyard but it has helped get me moving - and my capri pants kept falling off so had to run with one hand holding up my pants!! :laugh: )
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Awesome town :-D
  • wmathis1145
    Options
    My friend has been going with me to the gym most days but last week she hardly came at all. On Monday of this week, she met me there and was going to leave early. She ended up staying the whole time with me (about 2 hours total) and taking a spinning class with me. She texted me after we left and said "Thanks for inspiring me to stay and get back on track. Your dedication and positive attitude really help me to stay focused" That was the best compliment I think I've ever had. That's as good as any loss on the scale. But I too had to buy a size smaller this week at the store. Love my NSV's!
  • rachelgoutos
    Options
    Those are awesome NSVs!!! Congrats on your accomplishments and keep up all the good work!
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    Great job!
    It must have felt so good to have your dedication recognised by coworkers. (:
  • odownz
    odownz Posts: 98
    Options
    Maybe someone can help me out.... What is NSV?
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My NSV was I went to Kohls to get my mom a Birthday gift and I stopped to check out some juniors pants. There was a pair of cute black pants, but they were a size 5. I've been wearing anything from a 7 to a size 11. Tried them on and they were even a little loose. :):) I know woman's pant sizes are all different everywhere you go, but in Kohls i'm def usually a 7 or 9. Very happy!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone can help me out.... What is NSV?

Non Scale Victory
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Good for you :smile:
  • SailorStarMaker
    Options
    Haha it's like opening up prizes in a video game!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    1. My neighbor told me I am inspiring her to keep going.

2. On my way into grocery store a man coming says ''giiirrllll you are looking good! !''
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Busygymmom, love your NSV #2!!!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great week! Congratulations on all your success!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Yay Hoak! I'm so happy for you. You are super dedicated and never, ever slack off. With that comes absolutely amazing results. Good for you buddy!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Very well done, sir! Any NSV, no matter how big or small, is awesome! :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!!! You're doing great!!!
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    always a great feeling to fit into a size smaller than you think you should be.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    wonderful job! thank you for sharing. i'm proud of you
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Always great to see someone else have success, makes me want it that much more. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!