What's your why?

Options
I'm struggling with motivation, I seem to be stuck. So I was wondering why is everyone else going on this journey? Maybe some of your stories will help me :-)

Thanks!

Replies

• coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    to be quite honest, vanity is my first motivation and health my second
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    to feel better about myself for being more agile, limber and athletic :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I want to be comfortable in my own skin.... I hate muffin top and the fact that my clothes are uncomfortable even when I buy bigger sizes.
  • martyc101
    martyc101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with Wolfena, but still need motivation..;(
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    I was involved in two significant car accidents last year and as a result of my injuries I was unable to walk without great difficulty. I swore to myself that I would get stronger and recover. Sometimes it is still very painful working through my physical aliments but I feel like I was given a second chance at life and I'm damned sure not going to waste it. I'm down almost 38lbs (as of this morning) in 10 weeks and I have no intention of stopping.

My legs were taken away from me for almost 8 months and now that I have them back, I'm going to use them every chance I get.

I was lucky, I am blessed to be alive so I refuse to be afraid to live.

No excuses.
  • tsetterholm
    tsetterholm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just started 4 days in and I want my behind to fit in a chair, to be able to tie my shoes in the middle(not the side), to walk into any store and have my size available, then of course the normal I want to be healthier, play with my grandkids, to have added energy. :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Got back in contact with an old flame... And I weighed 160lb last time he saw me 7 years ago!

So when I see him next, I want to look just as good as I did at 18... And build my self confidence while I'm at it!
  • steelerwheeler
    Options
    Well...I need to be healthier and I want to be able to wear whatever clothes I want. Here is a trick that has been helping me: I reward myself with 1 piece of clothing I can wear right away AND one that I still need to lose 5 to 10 pounds to get into every time I reach a 10 pound weight loss. The other part of this motivation is....the item that I need to lose the 5-10 pounds to wear is hanging somewhere in my kitchen so that I see it whenever I am making eating choices. :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I want to be a healthy role model for vegans and non-vegans alike, and I want to have the body that I have unfairly deprived myself of for most of my young life.
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    My Great Grandma, Grandma, and my Dad all had a heart attack at the age of 49 and while I can't fight my genetics I can do my best to stay healthy and make good decisions so that I can beat the statistics and be healthy for my kids and husband!
  • Kidsrn23
    Kidsrn23 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I want to be a healthy mom and role model for my 3 kids (3years &16 month twins)!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The bathing suit I want to wear in this years vacation! Too many people in my family are getting things like diabetes and other health problems...I don't want that to be me! To live long enough and be healthy enough to take care of my son with a disability because I can't imagine him in a home or getting all the love and attention he needs if momma is not around!! To keep up with my other children, my 10yr old daughter wants us to run a race together!!! There's no reason not too! :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    #1 is to be more healthy
    #2 to look better
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Health is in there but I really want to fit in to my old clothes. I also have low confidence when I'm heavy, when I was thinner I had so much more energy, confidence, and I just got out and did things. I haven't been on holiday since I was 175lbs and I don't want to until I'm around that weight again, I hate photos of myself now, I want to go on holiday and be comfortable, also hot weather, I hate feeling sweaty when it's warm but I still find it hard to wear less clothes.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    So I can stick around and take care of that handsome lad on my ticker that needs a bit more care than his siblings.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 pounds in two years... went from being 115 to 155 (I'm 5'3) and I'm ready to stop gaining(:
  • wmathis1145
    Options
    I had weight loss surgery almost 4 years ago. I got really sick and had some severe complications resulting in a 3 week drug-induced coma. I had to have physical therapy when I woke up. I lost 170 pounds and most of my muscle mass. While I managed to keep most of the weight off...I did notice that I was starting to gain a little bit back. I absolutely did NOT go through all of that to gain it back. My husband and his sisters had the same surgery and they are all gaining all of their weight back. Surgery was a tool and I used it. Now that I am in a healthier starting position I am taking advantage. I will NOT go backward...only forward. PLUS...I've always wanted to be a hot momma!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    My why is :

I did a plank with my shirt off and learned what a bowl full of jelly looked like.

Plus, chicks dig fit guys =P
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have been avoiding the issue and trying to pretend it didn't matter to me for way too long. I was never able to find the motivation for myself but as the mother of young kids I owe it to them to be as healthy as I can. I also want to avoid having my size negatively effect them and while my daughter seems blessed with a thin phisique I need to get in shape before I risk her developing body issues. (It also helps that I am in a fairly positive place right now so change seems possible)
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I used to be fit, a bit thinner and happier in my skin.

Don't get me wrong my life is happy I just need to lose weight and feel more like a real life moving bendy person.

I have some real health problems, physical and physiological, and need to be careful not to stress my body too much at once. Fortunately I am also a sports scientist.... so I should be able to figure it out. It used to be my job to help others get healthier and happier so theoretically I should be able to help myself, I thought.

Sadly I have a fool for a client :)

But I am working on it!