Any pear shaped women sucess stories?

Options
Vyshness8699
Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
I'm 5ft 6in and most of my weight is in my hips and butt which is very frustrating ....would love to hear some sucess stories... That will push me to work even harder

Replies

• hollyrenee1990
    hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think Im pear shaped!..... lol...

I started out at 182 and as of today Im 150.

beforeandafter1.jpg

beforeandafter2.jpg
  • Vyshness8699
    Options
    Wow big difference ! Congrats and Ty for the sucess pic ; )
  • hollyrenee1990
    hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wow big difference ! Congrats and Ty for the sucess pic ; )

Thanks and your welcome!
  • haylesmom
    haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see some more too
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello . I am pear shape and I find by walking briskly it slims down my thighs and butt area over time. I hope this helps with your journey.
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am pear shaped, but I've been holding off on taking pictures, because I'm less than 10 lbs from my goal. But I might try to get some up later.

5'5
    SW: (pre MFP) 184
    CW: 138.4
    Starting hips: 45
    Current hips: 38
    Starting waist: 33
    Current waist: 27.5
  • Vyshness8699
    Options
    Hello . I am pear shape and I find by walking briskly it slims down my thighs and butt area over time. I hope this helps with your journey.

Thanks for the tip I'll add more walking to my exercise : )
  • Vyshness8699
    Options
    Hi, I am pear shaped, but I've been holding off on taking pictures, because I'm less than 10 lbs from my goal. But I might try to get some up later.

5'5
    SW: (pre MFP) 184
    CW: 138.4
    Starting hips: 45
    Current hips: 38
    Starting waist: 33
    Current waist: 27.5

Wow this is Gr8!! We have similar goals/body type.. Thanks for the post i know there is hope then lol.. What type of exercise have you been doing?
    Im 5'6
    SW-183
    CW-144
    Starting hips-44.5
    Current hips-41
    Starting waist -32
    Current waist 29

My goal is hopefully get my hips to 36 and waist to 24 and to weigh 125lb
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped. In addition to running, which is great for fat burning overall, I concentrate most (but not all) of my weight training on my upper body. As my shoulders and arms have become more defined, it's given more balance to my shape. It also gives me something positive to focus on, rather than what I don't like about my bottom half.
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started off just walking and then jogging. Then I did six weeks of Insanity, but stopped when my husband came home from Iraq. Since then I've been basically just doing cardio and eating healthy, but I recently started lifting now that I'm closer to my goal weight. I'd like to lose a few more inches off my waist and hips, but my main goal is to get the thigh gap. lol
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am interested as well! I'm 5'6.75" and my current weight is 155.5lbs. When I have body fat % tests done (the multi-point ones where they pinch your skin with calipers), I'm normally lower than average in all areas except my thighs. I've lost about 8 pounds and my measurements for my thighs haven't budged. I'm happy with having muscular legs, however, I'd like to cut down on the jiggle/cellulite layer. Would love to see some success pictures for motivation!
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely pear-shaped too. I'm down 95 pounds from the beginning of my journey (Jan 2011), but I've found that as I've lost it, I've become even more pear-shaped. I've still got about 25-30 pounds to go, but if I lose any more from above my waist (especially my chest), I'll look like my 10 year old daughter! I hope it starts coming off my hips, thighs and saddlebags soon....
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'd say definitely concentrate on your upper half, define it to even out the bottom.
    I've read that when us pear shapes exercise, it takes the fat from our top half, when our bodies think it's taken enough from there it eventually goes to our lower half - we have very stubborn fat down below that doesn't like to move :grumble:

It's possible though! you'll always be a pear shaped, just a more daintier one if losing weight & toning. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!