gained it all back

Options
For the past 2 years, I've been able to keep of the 35 pounds that took me 5 months to lose, and in the past 4 months I've managed to put it all back on between uncontrollable eating and drinking and I can't seem to stop it. I went shopping yesterday and had a serious wake up all and reality check. I even more unhappy than i was the first time around and sadly i don't trust myself to make it through again. I have a vacation July 7th and i need to lose 30 pounds by then to even think about getting into my bathing suits. Is is possible? I've just had a serious relapse and i just don't know how to handle it

Replies

• purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Every journey begins with the first step.
    You CAN loose the weight
    You CAN keep it off

The only way you fail is if you do not try!

We are all on the same path to be a better fitter healthier us. So you slipped. so what? Take our hands we will help you back up.
    Lets go!
    Tell you what, I am going for a walk today. Why don't you take one too ... a virtual walk!
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about. Your gain back :( - if you have done it before (weight loss) then for sure you can do it again. With the right motivation (July 7th vacation and bathing suit) and support (MFP-that is why we are all here) you can achive your goals. In looking at the calendar July 7th is 15 weeks away- that's 2 lbs a week (a bit aggressive but doable). Start tomorrow with a workout (cardio and weights) and make good food choices and you will be on your way! You can do it! Have faith! Good luck!
  • jbuntu
    jbuntu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You slipped. It's done. Big deal. Cut yourself a break. You are OKAY. What matters now is that you get back up and try again. You are still young and can recover more quickly than us old timers.

Count your calories, pay attention to the quality of the food you eat, but most importantly exercise, exercise, exercise. You can make it by July with no problem.
  • nerdygirl2
    nerdygirl2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Every morning is a clean slate. You begin with a step. You can do this. Last year I lost 25 lbs. Between October and December I gained 20 of it back. I joined a local biggest loser challenge at the gym and have lost 15 lbs of the 20 since January. I cannot do it without the daily support from MFP, my trainers and my friends.

You can do this. I agree with an earlier post. The only failure is to not try. We are all here for you.
  • mom2kea
    mom2kea Posts: 33
    Options
    Been there, done that! I'll repeat what other's have said, which is you can absolutely do it. But set realistic goals for yourself. If you set the bar too high, then find your not going to reach that 35 lb goal, you are likely to fall off the wagon again. And even if you are 20lbs lighter by then, that's better than where you are! Also, you are looking for PERMANANT weight loss. To consistently lose 2 lbs. per week, you would have to be very restrictive, which is not sustainable. Start tracking today, Good luck- YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes!! You can do it!! You will need to lose about 2 ibs per week which is doable with great food choices, plenty of water and exercise. And what a great time to do - with spring officially here and an increased selection of fruit!!! (I love fruit so I am excited!) And don't beat yourself up too long and get back in the game! i too am looking to lose 30 lbs by July 5 (my birthday) so you are not alone! I've really been focusing on clean eating the past few weeks and I will say its been wonderful and I feel great! I will say 90% of my food comes from the perimeters of the store with a very short or no ingredient list at all. I've been slowly working up to the 90% since the beginning of the year. Good luck!!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    STOP looking back. Make today the first day of your journey. Positive thoughts. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by saying I have to lose 30lbs by July 7th. Take 5 lbs at a time. You have done it before you can pick yourself up and do it again.
    This will motivate you put your bathing suit on and take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.

Be happy and move on starting today. Don't beat yourself up over things you can not change, the PAST.