Buff Brides Anywere?

Options
Looking to chat with woman trying to lose weight for their weddings. Mine is in 14 months, and I'm freaking out that I'm not going to be able to lose weight in time!

I can't bring myself to look for dresses either because I'll cry if I try one on and I look like a fat marshmellow.

Need Support !!

Jess :ohwell:

Replies

• MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Looking to chat with woman trying to lose weight for their weddings. Mine is in 14 months, and I'm freaking out that I'm not going to be able to lose weight in time!

I can't bring myself to look for dresses either because I'll cry if I try one on and I look like a fat marshmellow.

Need Support !!

Jess :ohwell:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding. WOW, you have 14 months. That's a great time amount to change your lifestyle, eat right and start to workout. I'm not trying to loose, but I'm hear for support! Keep at it and take one day at a time. Make good choices. Think to yourself, if I eat that how will it effect me or how will it make me look in my dress! Just make good healthy choices! Good luck!
  • moosemama3
    Options
    Just relax. You have 14 months and if you don't quiet make your goal make sure you get a photographer that knows what they are doing to flatter your figure:-) I have a full figured bride coming up next month and she is like you very self conscience of her body and not liking how she is looking. I am trying to put her fears to rest and told her I will do everything i can so that her photos do not look like she is seeing herself in the mirror. that is my job as a photographer that is what she is paying me for. relax and just do everything you know you need to do you have a long time to kick some @$$.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    First of all, Congratulations on your Wedding. :drinker: :drinker: fourteen months is plenty of time for you to get into the shape you are wanting. :wink: I don't know about picking out dress right now, can't you wait about 6 more months before you decide what you want. You can look at catalogs and see if one catches your eyes. And then go for your fitness and diet plan. I don't think you should be trying any on right now because your just stressing yourself out and your not going to be the same size and shape by the time of your wedding. This should be a very happy time for you, so if it makes your cry don't try any on right now, even in about 3 months you'll have lost some weight.:flowerforyou: I have been with MFP for 6 weeks now and I had to go buy some clothes a size smaller because everything i have is so baggy my jeans kept sliding down. You can do it and MFPal's will help you.
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Don't worry about the dress right now. The wedding pros say you should pick out your dress nine months before your wedding. ( Is that in case you do a little hanky panky and have a bun in the oven? who knows?) But, pick a trainer and workout with him once a week.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm getting married this fall. I haven't yet tried on dresses. I think it is a combination of laziness and still being insecure about my body. I am trying not to put to much pressure on myself to lose all the weight by the wedding. As long as I am making consistent progress I know I will get there eventually, maybe not by the wedding but that's ok. Try not to stress too much. After all your wedding is suppose to be one of the happiest days of your life!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thank You for all the Support!

I am planning on looking for my dress in Ocotber so I have some time to get down to buisness!

Jess :heart: