water?!

Options
i read the post earlier about about how water is good at helping you lose weight. i was wonsering do you get the same outcome if you drink flavored water too? or what about water with those packets added like the iced tea or i like the crystal light energy. do they count for your water also? or is plain water better?

Replies

• wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i read the post earlier about about how water is good at helping you lose weight. i was wonsering do you get the same outcome if you drink flavored water too? or what about water with those packets added like the iced tea or i like the crystal light energy. do they count for your water also? or is plain water better?
  • staliajones
    Options
    Water is not only good for helping you lose weight, but it is great for your skin and energy levels as well! I enjoy flavored water on occasion, but be aware that a lot of those packets and store bought drinks have calories and sugar. You will still reap the benefits of drinking the water, but you will also be drinking more than just water. Some people just don't like plain water and If adding flavor is what it takes to get you to drink water, then go for it, but make sure you calculate the calories!
  • wagsgirls
    Options
    thanks! i like plain water but sometimes i just need something different!:flowerforyou:
  • Jennifer09
    Options
    I add natural lemon juice to my water. Just a couple of squirts of the "Real Lemon" brand gives my water enough flavor to make it bearable. There are just 6 calories in 2 tablespoons, and it takes a good 5 or so bottles to use up 2 tablespoons! Hope this helps!

~Jen:wink:
  • jnkreis
    jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My hubby works as a manager at a gas station. They have the brand of water called Enon Springs. You could probably find it anywhere. They have a great grape flavored water. It has preservatives, but no sugars, carbs, or calories. I like my flavored water. It is helping me transition to drinking less pop. Hope this helps you too!
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Real lemon water rocks!:love:
  • myebinger
    myebinger Posts: 25
    Options
    If you can do it, just drink it plain. I don't know about anyone else out there, but the sugar substitute they use in those little packets has a tendancy to make me hungrier.
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    There are studies that have proven that
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking 8 glasses of water a day for a week. It was REALLY hard the first day, but now I don't even think about it. I drink 2 before breakfast, 2 between br. and lunch, 2 between lu. and dinner, and 2 after dinner.

If you can drink plain water, its really best. Boring, though. I feel like I am floating away some days, but it was my goal to do this for 2 weeks.
  • wagsgirls
    Options
    thanks everyone!:smile: i am trying to drink more plain water, today i have. but i think i may try the lemon water and see if that helps. i do like desani rasberry flavored water, but honestly i don't know much sugar is in it, but i don't think it has any cals does it?
  • staliajones
    Options
    I looked up the information on Dasani's website and they do not have any calories, but they do have sodium.
  • wagsgirls
    Options
    thanks! so i guess i will try the lemon water and just get myself to drink more plain. i think once i start it won't be that hard!
  • staliajones
    Options
    I suppose the most inconvenient part of increasing the amount of water you drink, is having to get up and go to the bathroom so often for a few days. Your body will acclimate to it and it won't be as bad after a bit. However, remember that there is a point in which you can over hydrate. Rule of thumb is...if your urine is clear, then you are good so don't continue to chug it, but if it is colored, then you need to drink more.
  • wagsgirls
    Options
    yeah me!!:drinker: i actually went through the whole day and drank nothing but water! plain up until the last bottle then i did add some lemon. it was good! now if i can only keep it up!
  • 103annie
    103annie Posts: 17
    Options
    I use the packets but I don't drink the 64 oz (or more) of soda a day. I did this for a weekend and have kicked the habit. :drinker: If the flavors help me for now I don't see the harm. I am weaning myself off to 1/2 a packet rather than the whole one. I might try to add half juice as some folks suggested but I am happy that I am not craving my diet sodas right now.

Try the flavors as a transition and then gradually adjust over to plain water.

Cristy