need friends to shed the pounds with !

Options
im new to all this so any help or advice would be very appreciated and friends are more than welcome :)

Replies

• anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennie,
    I just joined today! I have lost over 12 lbs and I have over 200 lbs to lose. I am really determined to do it at age 50. So I can use support and I hope I can support you.
    I am logging daily and weighing also and started walking witha pedometer and increasing steps daily.
    Anita
  • JustWantToBeBetter
    Options
    Stay modivated, and log on regularly to keep track of those calories ( Dont go over you daily intake ) check your BMR, under tools, to see how much calories your body will burn if you were just sitting all day. MFP gives you a set amount of calories that makes sure your burning more then you consume, even if your not exercising ! Stay confident and stay involved in the community, they provide great support ! (: I'm newat this too so we can try to reach our oals together! Add Me :smile: !
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Get a network of supportive friends that you can be honest with on here. Keep your diary open, it sometimes is hard, but be honest with yourself if you want to get the most results. understand that there are peaks and valleys and just keep at it. We are here to support you and help where we can. I try not to offer food advice, but i will offer support.
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    :smile: Need all the support I can get !
    Anita
  • laura63001
    Options
    New here and welcoming friends with advice, positive attitude and input on things that work and or don't work :)
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Stay modivated, and log on regularly to keep track of those calories ( Dont go over you daily intake ) check your BMR, under tools, to see how much calories your body will burn if you were just sitting all day. MFP gives you a set amount of calories that makes sure your burning more then you consume, even if your not exercising ! Stay confident and stay involved in the community, they provide great support ! (: I'm newat this too so we can try to reach our oals together! Add Me :smile: !

^^^ This. MFP makes it easy to log. Good diet is 70 percent of it. Lots of good info here. Welcome :flowerforyou: