Food Confession Day

Options
Food Confession Day: Look back at this week and tell me what you could have done differently. What did you eat that:
1. Did not log down.
2. Ate mindlessly without really measuring it.
3. Ate in secret without anyone knowing.

Replies

• Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    1. sweet potato chips last night. (tired munching)
    2. sweet potato chips last night. (lazy munching)
    3. nothing. I was tired, and I had already closed out my food journal, and HAD actually considered weighing them out and adding them, but I didn't feel like it. Other than that, what you see is what I got this past week.

This topic makes me think of the song "Healing Begins" by Tenth Avenue North:

"so you thought you had to keep this up.
    All the work that you did so we think that you're good.
    And you can't believe it's not enough.
    All the walls you built up are just glass on the outside."

Once we confess to another, we feel a new freedom.
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Well I hit all three categories. I had Mike & Ikes on my drive to Indianapolis to keep me alert and failed to log them in or weigh them and last night I sneaked a full handful of jelly beans in while my hubby was working in the house. I had the calories to eat them but did not want him to see me eat them. Had I done that I probably would not have eaten as much and realized that it was making me go over my sugar which I knew as I was munching on them but at that point did not care. This is a lifestyle change not a diet for me. There is nothing that says you can't have what you want just in moderation and make sure you have saved the calories, sugar, fat gram etc for them. I knew today was my weigh in day but for some reason thought I would be able to get over the scale this morning. Well I thought wrong which is why I only lost 1 pound. Kicking myself now but it will only make me stronger for next week goals.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've actually been pretty good this week.
    1. Did not log down. -- Nothing. Knowing I have my trainer checking up on me keeps me honest.
    2. Ate mindlessly without really measuring it. -- Egg substitute. I kinda eyeballed the 1/2 cup measurement.
    3. Ate in secret without anyone knowing. -- Nothing. But oh how I've been tempted. All sorts of cakes and goodies at my office.

It's tough. Some weeks are better than others. This one has been a win for me.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    For my first week, I think I did pretty good. I really tried hard to stay focused and keep myself full so as to avoid mindless snacking. My hardest time of the day is about 5 pm until bedtime. When fixing dinner, I have a hard time not grabbing stuff here & there & eating it... so I am trying to be conscious about that particular time of day and grab something like string cheese or another low calorie snack or take that opportunity to add another 20 oz glass of water -- just enough to quell the hunger feeling until dinner is ready.

This week my bad day was Thursday night. My calorie count went over for the day but I still wanted something sweet so I grabbed 5 Hershey kisses and a Kashi granola bar... I could totally feel myself quickly going out of control but stopped before it got to be too bad.

Also, I was only able to workout 2x this week. I went to the dr yesterday and I have acute bronchitis exacerbated by allergies (A TRUE FAMILY TRAIT!!) and was put on an inhaler every 4 hrs. so I have been especially focused on my eating. I plan to be back on the treadmill Monday morning... I have to keep reminding myself that focusing on little things will get me to my goal (i.e., just focusing on ONE day at a time rather than several months at a time).
  • Ls_505
    Ls_505 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was off from work mon thru thurs and and I drank so much orange crush it just tasted so good. I ate chips and I didn't log it..because well i'm ashamed=( I figure I have them at home why not eat them. which is no excuse. I try not to eat junk when i'm at work. thats one thing because I've been telling everyone I want to lose weight. Also all of the girls at my work have been trying to get in shape or be more active so i want to show them that i can also do it.
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    My problem is snacking between meals...a little here, a little there, I'm sure it all adds up but I fail to log it.
    I vowed to myself that going forward I will NOT SNACK between meals!
  • angelah100
    Options
    My problem is I love to bake and I hate to waste food. So I made some banana muffins from old bananas (sent most to school with my son) and baklava to use up some phyllo and nuts. I used the recipe calculator and even 1/48th of recipe, really small squares, are 180 calories each. Last two days have been really bad, M&Ms, baklava, a muffin. I did 1.5 hrs on elliptical to make up for some of it but STILL. Why is it so hard some days? I swear there are some days that I could eat everything in the house and not feel filled up. Other days it's all fruit and veggies and it's fine. Hormones maybe?
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    In secret, I ate tons of bread & peanut butter & cereal.. three days in a row. Can't believe I let myself get off track like that.. it led to a nasty binge yesterday and now I feel like crap.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Saltgrass last Sunday. Fattiest ribeye I could order along with the shrimp. I had the sauteed veggies but sauteed in how much butter I don't know. Half the table bread....easily 1500cals with an obscene amount of sodium. I was my cheat day. And for the record, I didn't log it because I couldn't get the info and was too full and lazy to at least guestimate. I did get un-sweet tea and had my low-fat :laugh: dressing on the side.
  • Kateraptor
    Options
    I went a little crazy with soda this week. I just really like the carbonation. I also need to focus on getting some more protein in my diet.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Well we all fall off the wagon the important thing is that we get right back on. I stop calling those days "cheat days" but instead I call them indulgence days. I try to have them no more then 1 every 2-3 weeks.

I was doing really good about logging in everything I eat but the last couple of days I had to go out of town for work and those days were not so good.

I am getting back on track because I realize when I know I have to log them in for everyone to see, I think twice about picking it up and putting it in my mouth.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    All 3 of them last night unfortunately...
    But it is time to own up to my binge, so that I can move on.

At my friend's 21st I binged on a lot of nuts, 2 deep fried rissoto balls, a couple of mini meatballs, 2 palm-sized pizzas, 1 chicken on a stick, 1 calamari ring, a king prawn on a stick and a rather large piece of cake.

But it got worse. I got the usual anxiety attack I do post-binge, and after leaving the party, for some reason I decided to do a maccas (mcdonald's) run on the way home, and bought a small fries and a mcflurry. Followed by eating some cereal, some reece's pieces, and a bit of a kinder surprise bunny when I got home. All in secret of course.

Therefore my log for Saturday is highly incorrect. Blech...
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options

At my friend's 21st I binged on a lot of nuts, 2 deep fried rissoto balls, a couple of mini meatballs, 2 palm-sized pizzas, 1 chicken on a stick, 1 calamari ring, a king prawn on a stick and a rather large piece of cake.

But it got worse. I got the usual anxiety attack I do post-binge, and after leaving the party, for some reason I decided to do a maccas (mcdonald's) run on the way home, and bought a small fries and a mcflurry. Followed by eating some cereal, some reece's pieces, and a bit of a kinder surprise bunny when I got home. All in secret of course.

Nice! If you're gonna f'up, might as well do it right. :tongue: It's those days that keep us in line for the next week, thinking "what the hell was I thinking" while trying to make up an extra 10 elliptical miles.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Wow that was some binge eating and believe me I have been there. I remember eating like the world was going to come to an end and then feel quilty after doing it and eat some more.

There were times I would come home from work, knowing that dinner was probably ready and waiting for me by hubby when I got home. I would stop at McDonalds and woof down a double cheeseburger and fries and then came home and ate dinner so that he did not know I had stopped at McDonalds. If I came home and told him I was not hungry he would have thought something was up so I ate what he prepared.

Those days are long gone thank God. There is nothing you can do about yesterday just move forward today. Next time you do that log it all in so you can see what impact you made on your calories in black & white that will keep you from doing it again anytime soon.