Help!! I am frustrated

Options
Hello every one,
Here is my story I am 41 years old, I have had 3 kids ages 20,16,15... at age 27 i had a complete hysterectomy ( thanks to the big C) and since then only once have i been able to get down to 130 lbs, but i was doing cardio 2 times a week for a year ( hula dancing) was taking diet pills and starving myself. I am currently counting calories started Xfactor 8 week excercise and zumba. and in 3 weeks i have only lost 2 pounds, today i weight myself and I gained them back!!! How can that be???? i gained 2 pounds in a day. I really want to loose weight for my health... all these diets and BMI calculators and BMR calculators ask age, height and weight but never ask if you have your complete "gland" system in you . They dont consider that when you get a hysterectomy you are screwed because you go into early menopause and your metabolizim is shot!! side effects that include not having your natural hormones:

Weight gain
water retention ( have taken water pills they dont work !!)
constipation ( I take fiber every day plus, fish oil supplements, lecitin supplements, flax seed oil supplements.

and nothing!!

am i the only one going thru this ???

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    have you tried incorporating strength training into your program? also, how tall are you? what do you currently weigh? the less you have to lose, the harder it is. Also, you didn't GAIN 2 lbs in one day, it's probably water weigh. our weight fluctuates from day to day and is a very finnicky thing. I recommend NOT weighing every day..... also,check out the books 'new rules of lifting for women' and '4-hour body'
  • round10
    round10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello every one,
    Here is my story I am 41 years old, I have had 3 kids ages 20,16,15... at age 27 i had a complete hysterectomy ( thanks to the big C) and since then only once have i been able to get down to 130 lbs, but i was doing cardio 2 times a week for a year ( hula dancing) was taking diet pills and starving myself. I am currently counting calories started Xfactor 8 week excercise and zumba. and in 3 weeks i have only lost 2 pounds, today i weight myself and I gained them back!!! How can that be???? i gained 2 pounds in a day. I really want to loose weight for my health... all these diets and BMI calculators and BMR calculators ask age, height and weight but never ask if you have your complete "gland" system in you . They dont consider that when you get a hysterectomy you are screwed because you go into early menopause and your metabolizim is shot!! side effects that include not having your natural hormones:

Weight gain
    water retention ( have taken water pills they dont work !!)
    constipation ( I take fiber every day plus, fish oil supplements, lecitin supplements, flax seed oil supplements.

and nothing!!

am i the only one going thru this ???
  • round10
    round10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i feel for you lady but this site cant poss calculate your i"llness"s and internal probs. its not a doctor. its purely a guideline for counting calorie intake and calories burned through exercise and its not accurate its purely a guideline as i said. you need to be under guidence of a doctor and nutritionist and not on a site like this.
  • utvolsfan74
    utvolsfan74 Posts: 105
    Options
    I am just like you, had a hysterectomy at the age of 30. I didn't have any problems with my weight for another 6 years. When I gained all of my weight, I couldn't lose it to save my life. After joining this site, logging everything everyday I have so far lost 6.5 lbs, however; my doctor did run all sorts of tests on me to see why I gained the weight for no reason and my hormone level had bottomed out. I can't take hormone pills b/c they make me very mean so he put me on a hormone compound that I apply to my arm everyday and it really helps. You might want to get some blood work done and see what is going on with you on that aspect.