PCOS and eating back exercise cals?

Options
2»

Replies

• sjp0278
    sjp0278 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Stacey and I am 37 years old and I have been on here for a while and I can't get the weight to come off I have high blood pressure that I take medicine for and I have been working out and I have also had my throid checked and there is not a problem there but the weight is not coming off and I have hair that does grow from my face that I must shave daily and I now that is a sign but my question is do you go to your regular doctor to be checked for pcos or a endo doctor?
  • anfmusicgrl
    anfmusicgrl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    PCOS definitely presents a lot of obstacles in weight loss. However, eating back exercise calories tends to be a person to person thing, not really specific to pcos.

As far as the carbs go...I don't eat "low carb". I do watch my sugar somewhat (although I eat a LOT of fruit), and I stay away from artificial sweetners. I also always opt for whole wheat & complex carbs instead of the white breads, white rice, etc. etc. This works really well for me. My body uses carbs for energy. (granted, the metformin helps with this process)

I just listen to my body when it comes to exercise calories. If I'm hungry, I eat back some of them. If I'm not hungry at all, then I don't eat them back. Every once in a while, I eat them all back..but that's rare. Usually it's more like 35-75%.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    PCOS definitely presents a lot of obstacles in weight loss. However, eating back exercise calories tends to be a person to person thing, not really specific to pcos.

As far as the carbs go...I don't eat "low carb". I do watch my sugar somewhat (although I eat a LOT of fruit), and I stay away from artificial sweetners. I also always opt for whole wheat & complex carbs instead of the white breads, white rice, etc. etc. This works really well for me. My body uses carbs for energy. (granted, the metformin helps with this process)

I just listen to my body when it comes to exercise calories. If I'm hungry, I eat back some of them. If I'm not hungry at all, then I don't eat them back. Every once in a while, I eat them all back..but that's rare. Usually it's more like 35-75%.

Thanks for this, it was really helpful. I have lost weight and got to goal before doing WeightWatchers and I didn't have to modify my diet too much from their programme. I didn't do much exercise then, I do much more now. It's stalled a bit my weight loss and I wasn't sure if needed to take anything extra into account because of the PCOS, but I already have made the switches to wholegrain rice and wholewheat pasta and wholemeal bread. What I have done more recently is increase my fruit intake, and I'm wondering if it's the sugars in there, even though they are natural. I'm going to try reducing it to 2 pieces a day and replace with more vegs or nuts/seeds/oil etc.