Replies

• antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it!!!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    looked like it was good til i got to the nudity part.. think it should warn people of that. there was no reason for it.

now it has a warning on it :-) it is good but know that about a minute into it if you dont like looking at nudity then skip like 30-40 seconds. :-)
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Its not realy nudity they are in there underwear,

But I think its a realy good show, to have the two extreams shows that to have such a retricted food diet isnt any good for you as well.
  • 2fit4fat
    Options
    no i saw nipples on every one i have looked at so far. but it is def an interesting show
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    This is a British show isn't it? I do believe they are not as prudish over there as people are in North America (their Sunshine girls in the newpaper are topless) so they wouldn't think of a warning being needed.
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hmm personally I don't like this show much.
    Sure, it makes great television for them to swap diets, but I can't say I agree with forcing the obsese person to survive on the thin persons diet, whilst forcing the thinner one to try and eat like the obese one does. What is that teaching them about healthy attitudes to food?
    I know they send them away with a binder full of food plans/fitness regimes after the initial period, but I just can't see that it's the best start for them both.
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is a British show isn't it? I do believe they are not as prudish over there as people are in North America (their Sunshine girls in the newpaper are topless) so they wouldn't think of a warning being needed.

Yes it is british but the women dont have there boobs out lol its only the men with there tops off not the women.
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    They only do it for 2 days, the point is that it opens their eyes to the sheer amount or lack of food they are eating. Lots of the people on there are in denial and it seems to work. It's all monitored by a qualified doctor so sure it's safe.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Hmm personally I don't like this show much.
    Sure, it makes great television for them to swap diets, but I can't say I agree with forcing the obsese person to survive on the thin persons diet, whilst forcing the thinner one to try and eat like the obese one does. What is that teaching them about healthy attitudes to food?
    I know they send them away with a binder full of food plans/fitness regimes after the initial period, but I just can't see that it's the best start for them both.

It is meant to shock them by showing them what someone else goes through being on their diet. Most of the people on it are in denial about the ay they eat and this helps them see why they are doing to themselves while being at the opposite end of the spectrum themselves!

I love this show, I don't actually know why, I just find it interesting.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Yes it is british but the women dont have there boobs out lol its only the men with there tops off not the women.

I think the poster is referring to the opening credits with the chest, stomach and pelvic region spinning around. There are naked breasts in that sequence. The pelvic areas are oddly photoshopped to look like Barbie's pelvis though.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

Lmao, yeah as long as it's past the watershed then there's no problem, this show is on at 8pm I think, so no warning needed.
    & LOL page 3 girls, they're called glamour models here, nothing glamourous about them though.
  • 2fit4fat
    Options

I think the poster is referring to the opening credits with the chest, stomach and pelvic region spinning around. There are naked breasts in that sequence. The pelvic areas are oddly photoshopped to look like Barbie's pelvis though.

that is what i meant. i am not one to go looking to see other girls or men naked.. but i more so meant because its on youtube and can be accessed by anyone (including younger kids) there should be a warning for people like me as well as parents just so they are aware.. it was on every "part" of the episode at least once so 5+ times an episode
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    On this weeks they had a woman obsessed with calorie counting and exercise.....

They also take a trip to the States in this series to shock the overweight British candidate with a supersized American counterpart in a bid to help them stop their weight gain

I love the program, its trash TV at its best
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Usually by the end of the diet swap, each person can see how bad there own diet is - so they do come to this realisation by going through that process!

If you don't like nudity in your TV shows then don't ever watch a series they show here (UK) called "Embarrasing Bodies"! It's the same Doctor that runs the Diet Clinic in SS V SS - that is SERIOUSLY enough to put you off your dinner on a weekly basis!! :laugh:
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Usually by the end of the diet swap, each person can see how bad there own diet is - so they do come to this realisation by going through that process!

If you don't like nudity in your TV shows then don't ever watch a series they show here (UK) called "Embarrasing Bodies"! It's the same Doctor that runs the Diet Clinic in SS V SS - that is SERIOUSLY enough to put you off your dinner on a weekly basis!! :laugh:

I made the mistake of watching that while eating my dinner once. And the guy had very, very bad piles. Who consents to having that shown on the telly?!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    The "nudity" on Supersize v Superskinny is hardly offensive- it's biology book type nudity!

Embarrassing Bodies is pretty horrendous but can be interesting - they had a "micropenis" on it last week. Us Brits love a good freakshow:laugh:
  • Meiplé
    Meiplé Posts: 50
    Options

hahaha! no don't watch embarrassing bodies. vaginas, boobs the lot!:laugh:
  • privatetime
    privatetime Posts: 118
    Options
    I really like the show.

As for the nudity, the opening sequence is all bare breasts with no genitalia. (Freakiest thing I've ever seen,) or should I say the ORIGINAL opening sequence? I can't recall the new version, but it may not be that silly old one, with the breasts.

I find it...accurate, when it comes to weight gain for the skinny folks. Even eating more calories over 12 weeks, most of them only gain1-5lbs. It refutes the notion that eating low calories over time slows the metabolism to the point that any extra food will go straight to weight gain. I was super-thin most of my adult life. I ate whatever I wanted and never exercised. Some days, I woukd forget to eat entirely. Other days, I might eat a whole cake on my own. I just didn't care about food, nd ate when I was hungry. It was only when I (apparently) developed insulin resistance (linked with PCOS) that I started gaining weight. From the day I started treating my IR, I've been losng weight and am almost back to my pre-IR weight.

SSVSS aims a critical light on total calories, along with the sources of those calories. Many of the skinnies eat mostly chocolate. Some of the supersizers eat mostly healthy ingredients, just way too much of them. Either way, the emphasis is on an appropriate amount of total calories, and getting those calories in nutritional forms.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of watching that while eating my dinner once. And the guy had very, very bad piles. Who consents to having that shown on the telly?!

I did this a couple of weeks ago, had just come in from the Gym, cooked my Chicken Stirfry, was gobbling it down as I turned on the tele, and there was a lady on the bed with her legs open wide, close ups, the works!! :noway:

I could have KILLED the person that had been watching channel 4 before me and not switched it to something else before turning it off :laugh:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that show!
    Too bad its so hard to find anywhere other than on you tube.
    Its fascinating to see how people think, how they got to where they are and see them change on so many levels throughout their progress.