Not a huge success, but I RAN MY FIRST MILE TODAY!!

Options

Replies

• MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    That is great, and pretty fast too. Start slow and work your way up.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!!! :)
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hooray! What a huge success! I am hoping to run a mile sometime in the future. I have quite aways to go, but, stories like yours inspire me to work towards that goal. Today, you are my hero!

Aw.. Thank you! I have a looong way to go, but i'm happy I could inspire you!! :)
  • TiffanyV25
    Options
    Thank you again everyone for your support! I truly appreciate it! <3
  • TiffanyV25
    Options
    This was me about three weeks ago (first mile, ever!)... now I'm running 8-10 miles a week, and growing. It's addictive! :D Congrats, and welcome to your new addiction. Haha

I can definitely see this becoming an addiction...I'm already thinking about the possibility of running 2 miles! Ways to go, but doesn't hurt to dream :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    That not a slow time! Very well done. You should consider the couch to 5k program. It's an awesome plan to get you up to running a 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. I did it 3 years ago. Since then I have run multiple 5ks, a half marathon and on April 21st I'm doing the Warrior Dash in Mississippi. Here is the link to the site. It is free by the way. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml
  • TiffanyV25
    Options
    That not a slow time! Very well done. You should consider the couch to 5k program. It's an awesome plan to get you up to running a 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. I did it 3 years ago. Since then I have run multiple 5ks, a half marathon and on April 21st I'm doing the Warrior Dash in Mississippi. Here is the link to the site. It is free by the way. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml

I'll check it out, thanks!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    That's a huge success. Like you, I hate running, but I"m slowly trying to push myself to run more. I'm trying out this whole C25K thing and hoping that it'll work for me. Congrats again and just keep pushing
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congrats to you! Running a mile is a huge accomplishment! I am doing C25K to get me back into running after a break from it when I was pregnant and then having to have back surgery. I can't wait until I can run a full mile again! Keep up the great work!
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is a great success congrats :D:D
  • TiffanyV25
    Options
    Thank You! Now that I know I CAN do it, it's ON! LOL
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    the first mile is the hardest
  • alperr
    alperr Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you kidding me? I can't run a block! Walking a mile is an accomplishment.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Running a mile is hard from what I remember. Good for you!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Who are you kidding? That is a HUGE success! Way to go!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    good for you
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    That's a great success! But you got the units wrong - running a mile in 10 minutes is great, 10 seconds would be "faster than a speeding bullet" - almost!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Excellent job and it is a huge success!!
  • HoneybearSue64
    Options
    It is a HUGE success!! I can't even master the treadmill for 17-20 minutes a day. I struggle to get on it every evening and maintain 12-15 minutes. How would I ever do a mile run?? You should be jumping for joy!! Keep going and be proud of your accomplishment!
  • go_getter89
    go_getter89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is great. When I started running I was also am over thinker and my mind would get to me. Find a way to distract yourself there is music, playing a song that keeps you at a steady pace will always help. I always just mentally try to check out and just go for it. Great job and keep running most people cannot run a mile and you can inspire them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!