Accountability Buddies...Are you out there?

Options
I've been on MFP for almost a year. I lost my job in January and I have had trouble getting off my butt to move around and get things done, let alone exercise. I've been hovering around the same weight for the past two months because of my laziness. Does anyone have any tricks to help me motivate myself or make me accountable for my inactions? I've tried getting walking, hiking, exercise buddies to no avail. What to do next?

I'm feeling a little bit down because I have no commitments right now and it makes me want to stay in bed and watch TV all day...

Replies

• nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Add me, I'll do my best to motivate you!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Sorry you lost your job :( I can imagine how horrible that feels :( But you need to stop sulking! Make working out your commitment... If you add me then I'll help push you if you do the same :)

And, from experience I can tell you that when you start making an effort here, it will help you motivate yourself to get working on getting a new job as well :)
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well...I'm looking for a job too!! I'm on here everyday I'll try to motivate you the best I can!
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    Hi. Start small. Start with one goal today, post your goal so we can see it (committing to it publicly) then do it! Not only will accomplishing your goal feel good, all the positive feedback you get on MFP will make you feel good too. Think of the positive benefits getting up and doing something for yourself will have. When you feel good, you look good. Good luck!!
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • chrysantheyums
    Options
    Hi. Start small. Start with one goal today, post your goal so we can see it (committing to it publicly) then do it! Not only will accomplishing your goal feel good, all the positive feedback you get on MFP will make you feel good too. Think of the positive benefits getting up and doing something for yourself will have. When you feel good, you look good. Good luck!!

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm glad that I posted because otherwise, I'd have no clue on how to move forward.

I'll definitely start posting goals. This is a simple but brilliant idea! :happy:

First goal:
    workout video -- finish 30 minutes
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Add me! I'm on every day and try to comment on other people's achievements as much as possible :)
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Add me too :)
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    we all need a little nudge now and then :) feel free to add me
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Zumba? I promise you if you try it you will fall in love & look forward to doing it again, even if you're not coordinated. :love: You can also add me if you like, I'm on everyday.
  • flutternfly
    flutternfly Posts: 123
    Options
    Add me and I'll help motivate you. I think my success has been because I've been accountable to others. I love having encouragement and it helps to know that I'm not the only person struggling to get healthier.
  • chrysantheyums
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so happy that I asked for help. Even the little bit of online encouragement goes a long way. Let's see what happens next :happy: