quick question about calories

Options
question - i am not exercising today. all i did was walk a little in town. mostly sitting at home and working. if i eat 2000 calories (which is the RDA for females) will i gain weight? I have my calorie goal set at 1310. I am on 1600 cals today before dinner.
I had a big binge yesterday - probably went up to 3500 calories or so.
my diary is open :)

Replies

• MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Check out this discussion http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/518533-major-sucess-with-higher-calorie

Then check out the group - Eat More to Weigh Less. Ask questions in the group and read some of the Stickies in the group.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Moarmstrong
    Options
    If you eat too many calories and don't exercise you will gain weight !!!! no brainer. You look as if you are underwieght why are you worried about your weight?
  • jessicaaa456
    jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you eat too many calories and don't exercise you will gain weight !!!! no brainer. You look as if you are underwieght why are you worried about your weight?

i'm just hoping i maintain at 2000 with no exercise. i am going to start eating exercise calories back from tomorrow when i do my work outs (today was a rest day). to lose weight i have it set at 1310, my BMR is apparently 1500 though so will aim there.
    I'm not underweight, no. I gained 10kg last year so I am just trying to lose that. So far I have lost 5.5kg then gained 2 back from binging, so now I am trying to up my calories to hopefully prevent the crazy compulsive eating! Just worried I will gain weight :(

Thank you for the link to the thread MMarvelous! Its very promising. Hoping my body will agree :)
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You can't use one calorie level for everyone. It depends not only on gender, but also on age, height, weight, and activity level. MFP will tell you how much you can eat without gaining. Just enter your current data and choose maintain your current weight.