Just to say Hi

Options
Hi there everyone....... just wanted to say hello and wondered if anyone had any tips for me as I have never been on a site like this before.

Also... I am not the greatest at coming up with things to cook easily and wondered if anyone had any recipies that are easy to do when I come home tired after work.

I now have a staemer and a mini food processor so I really don't have any excuse any more lol

Let me know if you have any helpful tips.... here's hoping to speak to you all soon

:happy:

Replies

• pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    If you have a steamer, you can easily do great vegetables. Peel and rinse them (if they need to be peeled), cut into similar size pieces. Put the vegetables into the steamer basket when the water is boiling. Most take about 6 minutes, you can pierce a piece with a sharp knife to see if it is tender. While steam makes the surface moist, sprinkle on seasonings, like Italian or Greek herb mixtures. Since they are so fresh, you won't even need butter. Consult a big, basic cookbook if you need more specific steaming times. Good luck! Love your name, cuddlybear!
  • cuddlybear30
    Options
    thanks for that.... thought the name was suitable ... as I am a cuddly person lol :laugh: are there any particular seasonings that you reccomed??? I only ask as at the moment most of my food is the wrong kind andnot fresh - so i have no clue about what might taste nice... thanks again for the advice.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    hi c.bear, welcome to the site. i brought a couple of books i fancied from amazon, have a browse and see what takes your fancy? love this site, everyone is so supportive. i would recommend you add friends though, (most ppl like a little note with a request), i'v made some great friends on here, really lifts you up and keeps you going. feel free to add me. best of luck with your journey :flowerforyou:
  • Splashlove
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Leslie and I have been using my fitness pal for 10 days now and boy can I feel it. Gave up 8 Mt Dew a day as that would have been all of my calories for a day. :laugh: Would love to have some new friends on here to chat and encourage each other because I know these lbs are going to take some work to get off.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    welcome, cute username :flowerforyou:

The site is a helpfull tool, but for me at least it was confusing how to read from the calorie plan it gave. Get familiar with the BMR and TDEE calculators to get a better idea (unless you completely understand it all then that is fine).

Remember to keep at it. This is going to take a while, and even if you misstep it will be ok :) One bad day is evened out by loads of good ones.

As for cooking, I like putting random veggies on a pan and see what happens. Love Squash and sweet potatoes especially. Usually have a chicken breast or a hamburger beef along with it. I dont have the patience for cooking complicated things so usually things get chopped up, thrown on a pan and then use pepper as a spice. If I need to make it higher in calories, I add cheese.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's not really recipes but.
    High fiber cereal with almond milk,
    turkey burgers with low high grain bread,
    steamed broccoli with alittle olive oil and salt,
    the 100 cal. high grain bread with peanut butter or laughing cow cheese
    Nature valley high protein high fiber granola bars
    Baked sweep potatos, good by itself

This is just incase you don't want to be in the kitchen alot.