artificial sweeteners poll !! which do you use

Options
Hi, was just wonder from those of you who use artificial sweeteners, which brand do you buy?

I personally use Equal "stevia", but leaves a aftertaste after every mouthful :smile:

Replies

• VinaAnderson
    Options
    No artificial sugar for me. If I do use sugar it's raw sugar.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi, was just wonder from those of you who use artificial sweeteners, which brand do you buy?

I personally use Equal "stevia", but leaves a aftertaste after every mouthful :smile:

I use sweeteners, but don't stick to any particular brand, I just buy the ones in the shop I am in at the time.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    when i use i use truvia but mostly use sugar in the raw if I use sugar at all
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like sucralose, but more and more I just don't sweeten things. I've come to prefer cocoa with just cocoa and milk, no sweetening at all. You can drink a LOT of it without getting tired of it. I really look forward to my cocoa.
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    Yes, I use raw sugar for my tea usually, but recently having one equal tablet and one raw sugar and cut down that way, until I have none.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've never tried one that tastes good, so the answer is - none.
    The only think I use sugar for these days is baking, so if I do that I'll use real sugar.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    cooking I use real sugar. or applesauce. Applesauce can be used instead of sugar and in place of oils in a lot of baking. If just on fruit or tea or coffee. I sometimes us my truvia if I need to cut down on my sugar if I use anything.
  • alawra
    alawra Posts: 8
    Options
    Splenda
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    The only thing I like a bit of sweetness in is oatmeal. For that I use Truvia. :)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    1 splenda and 1 sweetex.
    I have cut down from 2 of each per drink as I really want to cut out the artificial rubbish.
    I looked extensively into Stevia and tried the store version, but it had other stuff added and made me feel ill for some reason, and because I don't know if the pure form would affect me the same way, I haven't ordered any yet.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I don't use artificial sweeteners. I don't add sugar to anything but my coffee or tea and i'll use brown sugar. For baking i'll also use brown sugar or my 2nd choice is white sugar.
  • johnnyAngel62
    Options
    I use the Asda version of sugar. Very tasty and now I prefer it. Ordinary sugar tastes sickly, but I always seem to forget to take my 'clicker' when I go to commmunity meetings, darned annoying
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    I use splenda but i've heard that stevia's suppose to be better
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    Splenda. I've tried almost all of them and this is the one that I like the most.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The only one I've tried (and I've tried most of them) that does NOT give me a headache is Ideal. Tastes great, too :)
  • Amygrl559
    Amygrl559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda. I've tried them all. Equal is my second choice. Then sweet and low. I'm a diabetic, so I don't use real sugar. I've been using artificial sweeteners for a lot of years.
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've been using Splenda for several years and if I can find stevia's for a good price I buy it too.

4526527.png

03Zlm5.png[/url]
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Splenda, and I use it on everything from cottage cheese, to fruit, to oatmeal.