Havent worn a pair of jeans in over a year now...

Options
So since giving birth to my little girl in december of 2010, i have never worn a pair of jeans...

i dont know what 'size' i am, and i have not tried on any jeans since last year because for the first time,
i had left the dressing room in tears

i have lived the past year wearing victorias secret yoga pants and university sweats
i barely feel comfortable in sweaters, but lately i've seen a good amount of change...

i'm afraid to go out and try on any jeans, i was used to seeing a size 1 or 3, sometimes 5 in juniors,
and now i'm positive i wont be seeing that size, and i dont know how i will react
i dont want to lose ALL my confidence and give up on losing weight again,
but i would kind of like to know?

...maybe i should just wait until i hit 130? or 125? i dont know...
has anyone else done this?

i mean, i've seen other girls who i KNOW are either my size or bigger,
and they look GORGEOUS!
they wear the right clothes, they have no muffin,
they are BEAUTIFUL,
but i cannot look like that...

i know people are harder on themselves, than others, but i know what i see
and my muffin was FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN when i was trying on pairs of jeans =[

Replies

• SharClark40
    Options
    I agree that there is NOTHING to squash your good vibes and stop your momentum faster than going clothes shopping! I would recommend starting out in the Misses NOT the teens. Try a size 8 or 10 and work from there. ALWAYS start with the bigger size!! The Misses sizes are going to be more forgiving than teen sizes, and will most likely be more comfortable. My issue was trying on clothes with my 17 year old daughter recently (she's thin) and my arms looked so BIG and beefy!! And not in the good muscular way! Ruined the whole thing for me. But a great-fitting pair of jeans can make you feel super sexy! I think it's worth getting back out there! Just be forgiving and start out with a size bigger than you think you should be able to wear, but at least a size smaller than what would be disastrous to you. Good luck!!
  • go_getter89
    go_getter89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try shopping inthe misses not the teens, Teens sizes run small and misses will sit better on you give you more confident. I am a "thick" female with big hips and a bigger butt, small waist and until recently my arms were not that big. My 3 sisters are very skinny maybe a 5 on a bad day. When we were younger we would do the im skinnier than you and compare waist measurements. That ended around the age of 12 cause it became apparent I wasnt winning. Never compare yourself to them and do not let looking at how others look get you down. You have to get comfortable in your "new" skin and embrace your change. Have confidence in yourself and you will finally see that you are just as pretty and appealing as you were before the baby. Keep on your weight goals and always love yourself.
  • ashley67203
    Options
    Don't worry about the number on the label - American sizes are a joke. I've got everything from size 6 up to size 12 that all fit the same. Worrying about that number will only make you try to squeeze into jeans that don't fit - which look terrible on even the best bodies. Get some jeans that fit your body now and look forward to them getting too big for you. Stretch pants don't give you that kind of satisfaction.
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a curvy girl and here 's what I look for in a jean to make me look slimmer:
    misses sizes, dark wash, wide or trouser leg, mid rise (below belly button about an inch)

the misses sizes are way more forgiving than juniors, dark wash, wide leg makes you look taller and thinner, higher rise hides any muffin top issues.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I try to look for a pair of jeans that have stretch on the label. A little extra give. LOL Old Navy had them but I am not sure if they still do. As for shopping in the jrs section, everyone is right. Go to the misses section instead. I used to be that slim before I got pregnant with my son, but I found after I had him my hips changed and I couldn't fit into those damn skinny jeans! :angry:
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    you also have to remember that after having a baby your body doesnt always go back to the same shape....even if you get to the same weight and/or size things will fit differently. sizes for women is all over the place, today i am wearing 6's that have to be belted to stay up, yesterday i had on 10's that fit tighter than the 6's.....crazy and annoying. just get a pair that fits and you like the style....take out the size tag if it bothers you to see the number :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is if you've given birth, you should be OUT of the Juniors section. :wink: Juniors is the tween/teen section. We are WOMEN! :drinker: Nothing can kill a diet like stretchy pants because they grow with you. Find a day where you feel brave/strong and just go into it knowing that a size is just a number and you're going to keep looking until you find a pair that fit and look GOOD. If they ever start to feel tight you will know to stick with the program a bit more. Stretchy pants will let you gain and gain....and they still fit!

You can do it!!
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    thanks... i was trying on in the womens last year when i was trying to find a pair of jeans, and i'm pretty sure that just made it even worst...

i think i'm going to just avoid the whole thing for a little while longer at least until i see some toning in the belly. I was horrified when i saw my stomach not only 'sitting on top' of my pants, but legitimately hanging over them.

i wish i could find a pair of jeans i love, but i know i wont find a pair i'm happy with until i'm happy with my body, and so far it looks like i have 12 pounds to go....

it seems like so much more than that, i feel so BIG, 12 pounds... i mean yeah sure its a lot, but its not nearly as much as i feel i need to lose... maybe its just because i am super critical of myself, but maybe not? i truly feel like at this point, 12 pounds better bring around a completely different body. >.<
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Don't avoid it. Jump in & do it!! The longer you wait, the more anxiety will build. From one mother to another...get into some jeans....no matter the size & enjoy it!! Sending love & denim wishes!!
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    If you wait until you're happy with your body, you may never find a pair of jeans. Why not look for a pair that make you feel better about what you've got? I say put your big girl panties on and hit the store. A great pair of jeans can be a confidence booster at any size.

And I agree with everyone else who said stay out of the juniors section!
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm usually a size 5 if i wear juniors jeans...in womens I'm a 3....womens sizes run bigger so def. stay out of the juniors section if you're feeling nervous.