Is anyone worried about the side effects of weight loss (Men

Options
mike_littlerock
mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
My wife and I have been watching a few of the "reality" TV shows about weight loss, and I have some concerns about the evident side effects of weight loss for men. I am down 50+ lbs so far, and just afraid of the side effects and not sure when they will start or if they impact 100% of men.

The primary side effects I worry about are:
sudden urge to purchase "Affliction" Tee shirts
only able to grow pencil thin beards
all body hair falls off.

Note: i have a dear friend that wears those Affliction shirts, but he is a musician so I cut him some slack. I guess I am just of the mindset that guys should not wear "BeDazzled" tee shirts or pants (unless they are a musician or a big fan of Broadway musicals).

Does medical science have any insight into why chest and leg hair seems to fall off?

Replies

• Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    why did i just buy a scale when all i had to do was wait for my hair to fall out and wake up wearing an affliction tee? ughh.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The only side effect I can see, is being thought of as a trophy wife... and I don't really see a downside to that... :wink:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    All I know is my thingy got bigger! I don't need it to get any bigger I'm good not tripping everytime I walk gosh.
  • dthomas946
    Options
    I thought you had to go to one of those big fancy churches to wear that stuff, never associated it with weight loss.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Oh god lmao I just bought an "Affliction" tee. I am inadvertently one of those guys.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Does medical science have any insight into why chest and leg hair seems to fall off?

You'd think it would grow IN to compensate for the loss of warmth from fat loss.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think they shaved the chest and leg hair to make weight.:smile:
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    All I know is my thingy got bigger! I don't need it to get any bigger I'm good not tripping everytime I walk gosh.
    That's only because the rest of you got smaller :wink:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    The primary side effects I worry about are:
    sudden urge to purchase "Affliction" Tee shirts
    only able to grow pencil thin beards
    all body hair falls off.

I swear if all my body hair fell off I would lose 10lbs right there. Whoooohooooo, I know TMI
    BTW what is an "Affliction" T-shirt, never heard of it, but i have been rocking a pencil beard since the late 80's darn it. I will never go out of style. LMAO
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Everything is ok, as long as you don't buy a pair of True Religion jeans to wear with your brand new Affliction t shirt.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Everything is ok, as long as you don't buy a pair of True Religion jeans to wear with your brand new Affliction t shirt.

And, ditch the Ed Hardy cologne, suede shoes, and monogramed lanyard for your keys.