I hate and love spaghetti

Options
I can't figure out spaghetti. There's a million versions in the food bank and the labels are all dry weight so I've no clue how much it actually is!! Anyone else as frustrated as me?

Replies

• chelsey202
    chelsey202 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    nope ;) 1 serving= about 2 oz (dry)= about 210 calories.

I found a food scale to be easiest for pasta- or some boxes will give you the serving size in dry cups
  • SemiChaud
    SemiChaud Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No weight scale here. I wish it was in cups.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I had to just really roughly guess before I got a scale. Or if your total box is 400g and a serving is 85g, try to eyeball and separate it into 5-ish parts. Weighing is really the best, I suggest you invest in one!
  • SemiChaud
    SemiChaud Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do have one brim housesitting right now and they don't. So I'm just trying not to gorge. But I'm a binge eater so it's rough! Lol
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I just measured spaghetti today, 2 oz is a very small amount. 2 ozs dry would fit inside the opening of a wine bottle snug. Sorry, can't think of any better way to put it.

Hope this helps
  • jesuslovesme145
    Options
    I love spiggetti to! I found a brand (Al-delte?) that gives you 1 1/2 cups cooked, and its only 190 calories!! :D
  • chelsey202
    chelsey202 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love spiggetti to! I found a brand (Al-delte?) that gives you 1 1/2 cups cooked, and its only 190 calories!! :D

That doesn't necessarily mean its lower calorie- you need to look at the oz. For instance, if I'm eating 1 serving of pasta, I can have more cups of a hollow pasta, like penne, than i can have of little shells. If you smashed the 2 oz of each down into mush, they'd take up the same space, so neither would be better or worse calorie-wise. For things like this, you can't really compare cups because of the empty space in the pasta.

I hope that made sense :)