The small victories

Options
Ladyeliah
Ladyeliah Posts: 34 Member
Hi all,

I just had to share the victory I had last week. I got this cute new dress for spring, and it was going to be 80 degrees in Boston, so I decided to pull it out of the closet early. Of course, my office is 60 degrees ever since we complained that it was too hot in the afternoons, so I had to pull out my tights as well so I could make it through the day.

I hate tights. They are awful, horrible, mind-crushing things. I have two pairs of sweater tights I bought for work this winter that don't fit despite my fitting into their little sizing charts. :) But last week I took those tights and started putting them on, ready to fight my usual battle to get them over my thighs, and damn if I didn't get them on with very little squirming around.

Yes! I finally beat them!

Has anyone else had that moment that's only super-exciting to yourself?

Replies

• katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Sweater tights sound so cozy and cute!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I realized I could pull my jeans down without unbuttoning them. :blushing:
  • normanmac
    normanmac Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes! Thursday it was also hot in Michigan and I pulled out a pair of capris that I bought at the beginning of last summer. I was in a hurry and bought my "normal" size without trying them on. Got them home, put them on and had major muffin top! I wore them to work on Thursday and they looked and felt great.....and I got compliments on them as well. YEA!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    COngrats!! My most recent one.. I've been sick the past 2 weeks and have gotten behind in the laundry..Ran out of jeans, so i decided to grab a pair that hasn't fit me in years..I knew i could get them up, just havent been able to button them in like forever! figured they would work long enough for me to get my clothes washed....whatta ya know they fit..no problem, Annd they weren't even snug!

i squealed. yep.
  • hazyupsydaisy
    hazyupsydaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Last week my fiance and I spent the day at Epcot with a group of friends. With Florida's temperatures already hitting the mid to high 80s, I was "forced" to wear shorts. I pulled out a pair of khaki shorts that I love, but dreaded wearing the last couple years. They fit over the thighs, but were a wee tight in the butt, and the waist would cinch in, giving me the dreaded muffin top. I would cover the extra flesh flaps with an oversized shirt, but I'd be uncomfortable with a tight waistband digging into my middle.

Well, lo and behold, those shorts slipped on smooth and silk, fastened as easy as you please, and actually HUNG on my hips a bit. A month of watching my food intake and weight-lifting has whittled my middle!!

I didn't share the victory with my fiance (I don't want to bore him with my weight loss saga), but I did a happy dance in the bathroom, and spent the entire day walking around Epcot in a pair of shorts that I looked awesome in! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!