C25K Android app

Options
Hi! Has anyone tried the C25K Android app? I am thinking of trying it but want to know if it works first! The app I mean, not the programme lol. I am about to upgrade my phone so won't buy it til I do but it would be good to know in advance. Any advice much appreciated!

Replies

• nagle77
    nagle77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use the c25k free app... works great!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I bought it & it works perfect on my Droid! Love it!
  • 100lb
    100lb Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Tried both apps. The one by Guy was too limited you had to run out complete. The one by run double is more flexible in allowing you to skip sections (so if already warmed up, e.g. from other cardio), and other things.
    Depends what you want out of an app. You can also get audio mp3 at sites like nhs as an alternative to apps :-)
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the helpful replies will have a look at the NHS one too :-)
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Yeah, I looked at the app, but prefer the podcasts from NHS. I'm just starting week 4 and am starting to enjoy it as I'm really seeing the benefits and can run further and recover quicker now :) It's a brilliant programme...5 weeks ago I could never have ran for 3 minutes solid...never!! Also Laura who walks you through it is really good, encouraging without being too gung-ho about it. Music could be a little better, but to be honest, I'm concentrating on the running, so don't listen to the music really anyhoo...

Enjoy it and good luck...I'm hoping to do my first 5k in June :)