Does this count as a NSV?

Options
I started this MFP journey when my size 22 jeans became too tight to be comfortable and I had to buy a pair of 24's.

I have a pair of skinny fit size 20's. I had appointed them as my first goal. The goal after those will be a pair of bootcut 18's I loved.

This morning bleary eyed I thought I would see whether I was any closer to getting into my 20's jeans since when I last tried them I could barely get them past my thighs let alone get the button to reach.
I pulled them on, over my thighs, just about did the button up..ok ok I had to breathe in.. I was kind of disappointed really. I mean yeah I could do them up but I probably wouldn't be able to bend. Then I looked in the mirror and noticed they were the wrong shape....

... turns out I can do up the button on my 18's, I had reached for them instead :D:D

I cannot even put into words how awesome it feels to have done that. Yeah I won't be wearing them out due to the hefty muffin top but its cool. This is working!!!

Replies

• 9Kasey
    9Kasey Posts: 5
    Options
    What a great feeling!! Keep up the good work!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Amazing! It is an NSV if it makes you feel good, if you have accomplished anything beyond what the scale tells you. Keep up the good work!
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That is beyond awesome!!!! Own that feeling, because it will become more frequent!!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Of course that's an NSV! A really great NSV. Congrats.
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's wicked! Congrats!
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Definite NSV! Good for you!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Totally an NSV! Congrats! That must feel great and it should motivate you to keep pushing!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Good for you:)
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Okay, newb question.

NSV - what does that stand for? :blushing:
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    NSV=non scale victory

And jean ones are my fave!!!! YAY you!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Okay, newb question.

NSV - what does that stand for? :blushing:

i think it's "non-scale victory"
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    NSV- Non Scale Victory

YAY for you!!! You are rockin' it!!! Look out size 16s!!!!!!
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Definitely a victory!!! Great job!
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    awesome!! Keep it up!
  • Rayman233
    Rayman233 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Be proud !!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! That is a wonderful NSV! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is soooo awesome! I'm jumping up and down doing the happy dance for you!!! Great job:happy:
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Definetly a nsv! Congratulations! Enjoy these moments. And remember these will keep you going and keep you motivated! Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!