Does anyone use Chia Seeds?

Options
.....and how do you use them. Been thinking of buying some so looking for ideas.

Replies

• littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    BuMpppppp
  • Sunshiny2
    Sunshiny2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make chia pudding, there are tons of recipes online! My basic recipe is 2 tbsp chia, 2/3 cup any type of milk, pinch of salt, sweetener of choice, vanilla... Then add stuff like puréed pumpkin&spices, cocoa, mashed banana, fruit.... Mix well, soak for an hour and enjoy! It's one of my favorite evening snacks. It really keeps me feeling full.
  • littlepinkhearts
    Options
    I was wondering if you have to always soak the seeds before you use them? or if you can just throw them in your smoothie and drink it.
  • Sadore
    Sadore Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I toss them in smoothies, yogurt, muffins, and anything else I may bake.
  • Sunshiny2
    Sunshiny2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Soaking will give you the most benefits from them, but you don't have to
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Tried soaking them in water, then drinking... bleh

So now I soak them in my yogurt, and enjoy them that way.
  • aimielee
    aimielee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a mixture of chia, hemp, and buckwheat for the past 2 weeks. I add 2 tbsp to yogurt, peanut butter, or juice and let sit for a few minutes. It's great in yogurt. Feels like birdseed with pb, but I love it :) I buy Skinny B from http://holycrap.ca/
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I add them to porridge, yoghurt and sprinkle them over fruit salad when I remember. Yum!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of flax seeds. Put them in my berry-banana protein shake (then blend) and I top my goatmeal with it (ok, oatmeal).
  • littlepinkhearts
    Options
    Thanks so much!