Looking for other College Dieters :)

Hi everyone,

I just started dieting seriously two weeks ago and I love my fitness pal! I think having some other people on here would really help me though. Any other college students trying to lose weight at school? I'd love to hear your tips and tricks for eating at the cafeteria! :)

Kristie

Replies

• allierae14
    allierae14 Posts: 167
    I am now in grad school (first year) but I can relate to the busy schedule!
  • kristiedroseh
    kristiedroseh Posts: 5 Member
    Oh grad school definitely still counts haha Thanks for the friend request!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    I'm in grad school too. I'm sending friend requests to you both.
  • kristiedroseh
    kristiedroseh Posts: 5 Member
    Great! Congrats on losing 20 pounds! That's my goal :)
  • arjun07
    arjun07 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm a student. Going into my third year soon!
  • Stephanieeeezy
    Stephanieeeezy Posts: 9 Member
    I'm on my 2nd year. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Hey! I'm a college freshman trying to figure out how to diet on campus too!! Add me :)
  • I'm a student as well, heading into my third year soon. Sending requests your way :)
  • Hey! I actually just started this yesterday and I'm about to be done with my second year of college. You can add me if you want! :)

P.S.
    I hate how tricky/sneaky the caf food can be...
  • only2bfit
    only2bfit Posts: 44
    I'm not a student because I'm done with school but I'm 20.. does that count? :) I'll send ya a request, I need inspiration!!
  • We can help and motivate each other! I'll add you up! :D
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Congratz on joining! I'm in my second year and am hoping to lose another 20-30lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • In my second year :) Feel free to add me guys! My dining center has put up nutrition facts on their website so I'm sooo happy that they started doing that. Although, sometimes, I suspect that it's wrong. Sometimes things have outrageous amounts of calories and I'm like, that doesn't look right at all. And it'll be something really natural like grilled zucchini, at 100 calories a cup and 80 fat calories... How does that even make sense? But it'll have to do.

I never really got into partying like everyone else seemed to, so that saves me so many calories ;)
    I remember one night when I actually was at a party and I tried to log every shot on my MFP app... hahaha ridiculous.
  • andreyako
    andreyako Posts: 12
    student here as well. as for tips and tricks for eating at the cafeteria i only got one for you... STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THAT FOOD AS POSSIBLE AVOID ANYTHING FROM THAT KITCHEN EVEN IF YOU THINK ITS A GOOD SCHOOL AND THEY SERVE HEALTHY FOODS! LOL!!
    instead try making your own meals to bring to school that way you get what you like to eat and the amount you want to eat also save some money on the side so its like a all in one benefit. feel free to add! :)
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    student here as well. as for tips and tricks for eating at the cafeteria i only got one for you... STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THAT FOOD AS POSSIBLE AVOID ANYTHING FROM THAT KITCHEN EVEN IF YOU THINK ITS A GOOD SCHOOL AND THEY SERVE HEALTHY FOODS! LOL!!
    instead try making your own meals to bring to school that way you get what you like to eat and the amount you want to eat also save some money on the side so its like a all in one benefit. feel free to add! :)

This is EXACTLY right...get away from anything made in the kitchen/cafeteria.....and yeah I agree u save money when u make your own food :)
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    I am in my second year of college. Feel free to add (:
  • I'm in my fourth year (final semester of school.. yay!) and I'm looking for some MFP friends too :) I'm hoping to lose ~20 lbs but more importantly be more active! I'm in horrible shape and it needs to stop! Feel free to add me :)

Also, I TOTALLY agree about making your own food!! Its waaaay cheaper and so much healthier!! It sucks, because I can't go for lunch with my friends all the time... but it'll be worth it in the end.
  • Inselkind
    Inselkind Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in my last semester of grad school. Definitely not going to miss the "healthy and delicious" food the cafeteria here has to offer.
    Feel free to add me, if you'd like :)
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
    In my third year currently, and also struggling with a college diet! It's difficult when all the healthy foods are the most expensive, so I feel everyone's pain. I'm sending a request your way, but anyone else feel free to add me. I could use all the support I can get! :)